Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Kinda pissed...

Sooo my bridesmaids emailed my mom asking for "donations" for the bachelorette party.  Of course, she said yes, but I just feel like this was tacky of them.  Any thoughts?  I don't know if I should say something...

Re: Kinda pissed...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    THANK YOU!  I thought is was rude!  I told my mom that I appreciated her "donation," although she totally didn't have to do that.  I think you are right, though, that it isn't necessarily my business, so I probably won't bring it up with the bridesmaids.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and no, my mom won't be at the party.
  • Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was very tacky of them...
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do they usually ask your Mom for money when they go out with friends? if the answer is "no" (which I expect it is), then that was very rude!
  • Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow.... just, wow.

tacky it is, but stay out of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    srkropfsrkropf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, A-- no mom's a bachelorette parties, no one really wants to get there drinking freaking on with mom hovering, and B--- she's not suppose to donate-- how weird and tacky.
    Sarah Kropf Wedding Countdown Ticker 98image 12image 4image
  • Options
    bdulli13bdulli13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_kinda-pissed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:b4cde58a-d944-4f35-b988-74e61c6e862fPost:b9320a5c-9097-4b88-80ce-f9f001402a33">Re: Kinda pissed...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kinda pissed... : Well, that's completely subjective.  My mom is literally my best friend, and she was by far the hit of my B-party.  Which is why I asked OP.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

And, she may or may not be doing a drinking freaking kind of party. My MOH is organizing a spa day for mani/pedis/etc. then we are going to dinner. Moms and aunts included.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards