December 2012 Weddings

dress regret / help!!!

I bought my dress back in June and loved it when I bought it.. It was the only dress that made me feel like a bride and teary-eyed.  When it arrived last month, I still loved it.  I went to go get my first fitting today and feel like I made a huge mistake!!! I'm 5'1'' and will be wearing 4" heels.  The dress was supposed to be made to my size but feels as though it's a little too long and there is too much going on with the skirt.  Please help! Should I go buy another dress?  

this is a side view with the train fluffed out... 

frontal view / standing on step.. 

Re: dress regret / help!!!

• If it's a little too long in the front, the seamstress will take care of it, don't worry!  She'll make it fit perfectly.  It's a beautiful dress....I wouldn't have any regrets!
  • Aw, don't feel like that! It's a beautiful dress. I love my dress but when I tried it on after I'd ordered it, it felt odd because of how big it is. I'm understanding now that once they fit it to my body, it will look just like it did when I tried it on, The feeling is normal, you're gonna look gorgeous and your hubby will LOVE you in it, don't worry.
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • Alterations really make a difference.  Don't worry!  I think it looks like a beautiful dress and once they get it fitted it will fit perfectly.  At least you have your alterations done already, I haven't even gotten mine done yet lol
    Happily in love since 12-01-10 Happily married since 12-01-12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards