South Carolina
Options

Where to Dress shop?

I'm wanting to go try on dresses, but I'm not sure where to go. I live in the upstate by the way. Near Anderson, Greenville. What are your experiences at the different shops? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where to Dress shop?

• Options
    I did't go to anywhere in Greenville, but I did go to a few places in Spartanburg.  I got my dress at a place called The Castle.  They have some newer dresses, but a lot of discontinued ones as well.  I found a totally unique dress and got it half price! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Ooh! My officiant just posted this on facebook this morning! 

Their Sample sale ended on June 16 but they still have LOTS of gorgeous gowns that they HAVE to move in order to make room for new merchandise! So they've marked down select bridal gowns to $200!!! 
    Go take a look at The Poinsett Bride in Greenville. (http://www.ThePoinsettBride.com/) Tell 'em WeddingWoman sent ya!

:)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    There are two places in Anderson I can think of.  The Castle has more affordable dresses and the staff are really nice.  They also just moved to a new location.  There's also a place called The Wedding Tradition, but I never looked there.  In Greenville you have David's Bridal (where I got the dress I'm now trying to sell) and Demetrios Designs.  I think that's spelled right but I don't know since I never went there.  

The Castle also has a second location in Spartanburg, like pp said.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    Just saw this on Bella Vista Bridal's FB page (they are in Columbia):

Exciting News! We are moving to an incredible new home - just two doors down on Gervais Street - 929 Gervais Street. Which also means we are having a Moving Sale with up to 70% off on stock gowns. Now is the best time to save on your wedding gown. Keep checking for pics of our beautiful new home. www.bellavistabridal.com
  • Options
    I have only been to David's in Greenville, but have heard good things about Dimitres. (?) I went to both The Castle and Carolina Traditions in Spartanburg, both as a bride and w/my sister when she searched. Carolina Traditions was great to my sister but I didn't get great service. I think it was just my bridal consultant was awful (Jordan). She neglected me and wasn't listening to what I wanted at all. They were terrific at The Castle.

In Simpsonville I went with my sister to Bride & Groom, and they were nice but tiny. My sister found her dress at The Dress in Mauldin, which is a bridal consignment shop. I also shopped there, but being a consignment shop they have hit or miss selection & they only had two dresses in my size that day (I am plus sized) and neither rocked my socks. But they are definitely worth a visit.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards