Florida-South Florida

Checks to share!!!

It has been DIY Wedding Central at my house and thankfully, my mom has been helping me out getting a few necessary items done. Aside from DIY projects, FI and I have been working overtime getting the finals things ready.

- Picked our rental cake stand
- Booked hair dresser
- My mom finished my lace ring pillow..she did an awesome job!
- Decorating glass cylinder vases with lace wrapped around them
- Finalized wedding menu
- Scheduled appts with photographer and dj to finalize whatever we need, lol
- Decorated wishing tree tags with lace
- Booked photo booth thanks to a great Groupon deal (FI is extremely excited about this)
- Picked out which picture to blow and display at the entrance
- My pomanders are finished and look so pretty -- thanks, Mom!!!!

Thanks for letting me share :)

Re: Checks to share!!!

• Nice job! Would love to see pics!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Woo hoooo!  Awesome checks! :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nov. SoFla Siggy -Fav. Registry Item- Kitchen Aid from my BP!
  • Very cool!
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_checks-to-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:d6ee6ef3-624e-407a-9b55-0411744d44f7Post:83d7cd37-c4d8-4514-a7a5-9564dd6b1c93">Checks to share!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It has been DIY Wedding Central at my house and thankfully, my mom has been helping me out getting a few necessary items done. Aside from DIY projects, FI and I have been working overtime getting the finals things ready. - Picked our rental cake stand - Booked hair dresser - My mom finished my lace ring pillow..she did an awesome job! - Decorating glass cylinder vases with lace wrapped around them - Finalized wedding menu - Scheduled appts with photographer and dj to finalize whatever we need, lol - Decorated wishing tree tags with lace - Booked photo booth thanks to a great Groupon deal (FI is extremely excited about this) - Picked out which picture to blow and display at the entrance - My pomanders are finished and look so pretty -- thanks, Mom!!!! Thanks for letting me share :)
    Posted by Mademoiselle D[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Mademoiselle, did you purchase any wedding folders? I wouldnt have thought of half of your checked items...</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_checks-to-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:d6ee6ef3-624e-407a-9b55-0411744d44f7Post:eaea81f1-a9b7-4e28-a8f9-288639070335">Re: Checks to share!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Checks to share!!! : Mademoiselle, did you purchase any wedding folders? I wouldnt have thought of half of your checked items...
    Posted by isazaj[/QUOTE]
    In all honesty, I do have one which my FMIL gave me when I started planning. I skimmed through it but that's about it, lol. They do offer a lot of tips and info you will want to know. I have pretty much learned by reading the articles from Brides magazine and reading from other brides' experiences such as boards like this one.
  • No pictures?!?!?!?!? I wanna see those pomanders lol
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • A day late - and probably a very "ahead-of-ourselves" check...but we got our matching wedding bands! I saw them in a big name jewelry store, but they were way over what we budgeted for simple bands, so I went to a family friend who made the exact style for an insanely low price and I am thrilled at the outcome. They look identical to the other ones!

In our religion, we do a formal "engagement ceremony" with a priests blessing (since back in the day, there weren't really engagement rings, couples would exchange blessed bands at their engagement ceremony and wear them on their left ring fingers, and then at the wedding ceremony, they would switch them over to their right ring finger) - so our engagement ceremony/party is in November and I am CANNOT WAIT for us to wear our beautiful bands. We keep taking them out of the box, trying them on, looking at our hands in the mirror - eeeee!

Now - if only I could survive the turmoil over keeping my FMIL in budget for our engagement party, I could get excited about the actual party itself! =) Hope you all have a good week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't have the finished pictures because all of our wedding items are now in our storage unit. Here are some pictures before we got to finish them.

Pomanders (before adding their saches and bow)

Lace Candle Holders (during our test run)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards