New Hampshire

NWR Needed: A home with lots of love and no cats

We went to the PetCo in Nashua today for Tessie (ear mites. Yay.). They have the sweetest cat that needs to be adopted. His name is Benny. He's a 5 year-old tuxedo cat. He does not get along with dogs, but he is very affectionate with people. FI and I have pet him the few times we have gone in the store over the past two months. Benny has feline HIV. He was at the PetCo a few weeks ago with a sign that said he had been adopted. Their vet must have found the HIV and the adoption fell through. It is HIGHLY contagious to other cats. If you, or someone you know, is looking for a cat, please consider Benny. I stood in front of that cage close to tears wishing we could take him home.

Re: NWR Needed: A home with lots of love and no cats

• dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw that is so sad :( We already have a cat, so we couldn't adopt him, but I hope he finds a home soon!
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I might know someone - I'll let her know.
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so sad. :( FI and I want to get another cat, too. If the HIV wasn't contagious I would soo adopt him.
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • auntykarebearauntykarebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FIV (or Feline HIV) actually isn't very contagious at all, believe it or not. I have one cat with it and one cat without it. The only way to get Feline FIV is for one cat to inflict a DEEP bite wound on the other (i.e a scratch or a quick nip won't do it). If the two cats are good natured and don't fight, chances are almost 100% the other one won't ever get it. 

Please consider giving a cat with FIV a home. FIV is SUCH a misunderstood illness. They usually live long happy lives. You'd never even know my kitty was "sick!" :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards