Pre-wedding Parties

engagement party help?

me and my bf of 3 yrs just got engaged this valentines day but we dont have a date set yet but probaly looking at 2014 or 2015 after i finish with school but cant really decide a date for the engagement party that my mom is planning she wants us to tell her the date but we dont know if it should be done now or a closer to the date?

Re: engagement party help?

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow.  That was some run-on sentence.  I think what you're saying is that you're recently engaged (congrats and get used to calling him your fiance instead of your boyfriend Laughing).

I think you're saying that you haven't yet set a date but your mom wants to throw you a party.  As retread said, it's poor etiquette to invite someone to a pre-wedding event who isn't invited to the wedding.  So I'd hold off on the e-party until you set a date, have a venue, and a fairly firm guest list.  (The venue size might change the size of your guest list which is why I suggest waiting until you have that in place.)

An e-party is nice, but not at all a "must" in wedding world.  I'd err on the side of caution and skip the e-party unless you get the above things (date, venue, guest list) finalzed.

Good luck to you and your FI.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards