Arizona-Phoenix
Options

*r-chelle*

Hi :)  You mentioned a while back your venue is Sahuaro Ranch Park...I am loving the prices, and the DIY type venue (bringing our own food/drinks would really cut down costs).  I haven't looked in person yet (but if you have pics please share!)...and I don't really know the rules about liquor (I'm sure if I looked harder at the website I would find it).  But anyway, what area/room did you reserve?  Are you doing both ceremony there?  How are you decorating?  I'd love to pick your brain! :)

Re: *r-chelle*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! =]. yes I have info and the pictures I took HERE!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think this might be the perfect space for us!  Seeing the pics makes me extra excited.  How many guests do you have?  Will you do the ceremony outside?  Are you using the purple chairs?  Who did you contact to take a look before renting?  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking through your blog now!  Similarities!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh! What are you doing for food?  Catered or DIY?  TIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Originally we planned on 60-70 and now we're at 83. But the space can accomadate 120 or so. Since we're having an late morning ceremony we're going to go with a brunch reception. I've been checking out some budget freindly options for that. I'm going to meet up with Raintree Catering to do a tasting so we'll see what happens there. HERE is their sample menu.
  • Options
    Shellbell85Shellbell85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had looked into this venue as well.

Liquor regulations were the reason why we ended up not going with them. They don't allow any glass containers, and you are only able to get a permit for beer...no wine or hard liquor.

Beautiful venue though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    uh oh, I just assumed wine would be ok!  That will def be something I'll need to look into...What venue did you ultimately decide on?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shellbell85  I have the contract in front of me and glass containers are allowed(in fruit packing shed) so is wine and hard liquor(through a properly licensed caterer). I'm sorry that you had that misconception. What isn't allowed are open flames (there is an exception with sterno candles). Also if you have alcohol you are required to hire an off duty officer or gaurd.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh goodie!!  I know my guests are drinkers, so the fact that this venue could still be 'the one' makes me happy lol!

• Options
    Shellbell85Shellbell85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, well thats kind of frustrating. The historical society that runs the rentals was the one that told me those regulations about the alcohol!

Regardless, I hope that the venue works out wonderfully for both of you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @nicleep Shellbell85 is right about the alcohol. I called them to double check and you or the caterer are only allowed to supply beer. Sorry I gave you the wrong information it wasn't completely spelled out in the contract. But yes you are allowed to have glass in the building.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bummer!  Hmmm, I wonder if there is someone enforcing that the day of...lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards