New York-Long Island
Options

Bachelorette Party Ideas - no bars, clubs, sex toy parties....

My cousin, the bride, is 24 and not into clubs, bars, sex toy parties, drinking, etc.  Not that she's conservative, but she's just not into those things.  We were thinking dinner at her favorite restaurant and perhaps a comedy club, but the idea just seems to fall flat for me.  Any ideas??  Spa is out of the question - there are 7 bridesmaids, 2 under 21 which means they won't have a lot of money.  And since we have 2 underage bridesmaids, it kind of limits our options.  Any suggestions would be helpful  - thanks!!

Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas - no bars, clubs, sex toy parties....

• Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    why not out to a nice dinner in the city and then to a play?  yankee or mets game? there are so many options-circle line cruise and then dinner. it's tough with the under 21s but it can be done.
    also you should ask the girls how much they can afford to spend so that you'll know for sure.

• Options
    AmandalovesAlAmandalovesAl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah i like the cruise around the city idea, that sounds fun.  I was also thinking Shea or Yankee.  I think comedy clubs fall flat in general...do the under 21's need to come to party? If not, maybe a wine bar or something fun but laid back
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, the problem is the under 21s are bridesmaids and the bride's other cousins.  So they need to be involved - especially since they weren't involved at all in the shower we just had yesterday.  The MOH, the bride's sister and my cousin is a moron.  So these girls will definitely need to be involved.  I think we're looking for something more laid back, hence a trip to the city is out.  I thought maybe a Ducks game, or a Murder Mystery Dinner (if I can find one - tough go of it so far)...I have to speak to the other sister, my other cousin and see what she thinks.  The shower was screwed up so badly we're taking away the responsibility of the bachelorette party from the MOH...ugh.  Thanks for your suggestions though!
  • Options
    hscheuermanhscheuerman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Six Flags? My sis did this 11 years ago as a Jack and Jill fro the entire wedding party. My and another sis were both bridesmaids and only 16 17.

Check out Tony and Tina's wedding dinner theatre, should still be running. Or Awesome 80's Prom in the city, they do sweet 16's so that might work.

http://www.awesome80sprom.com/tickets.html
    http://www.tonylovestina.com/shows_tony_tina_wedding_1.cfm?eid=31
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know, I had Tony & Tina's wedding on my list up until you found the website for me and I saw the prices!!  Wow - expensive.  Thanks for the link though.  The city is just out for us - there were 70 people at the shower and it didn't get planned until the last minute (hence why the MOH is not planning the bachelorette party), so everyone is pretty strapped for cash.  I was mistaken - there's only one underage girl and she's 18 or 19.  The others are:  3 girls are 21, bride is 24, and the other 3 of us are 28.  So Six Flags or Great Adventure wouldn't work.  I brainstormed with my other cousin and my mom last night and came up with some pretty decent ideas.  I will definitely keep taking suggestions though!!  We're just going to come up with a list of ideas and show them to the bride to see what her reactions are on them and then decide from there what to do.
  • Options
    rikachikarikachika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The awsome 80s prom in webster hall, NYC.
     They cater to all ages and its a fun night of dancing and hanging with character from your fav 80's movies.  We went with 12 people - 2 under 17 and they did not have a problem - after we went to dinner.  There are 3 different price packages to suit peole's budgets.  We had fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

A couple of years ago I planned my sister in laws bachelorette party.  We had the same issues... underage girls and she did not want to do the whole stripper thing.  I searched the internet and saw Naked boys singing.  At the time I had no idea what it was but it sounded interesting so I booked it.  Well- we went with the bridal party(ages 21-30), aunts( in their 40's), my grandma, and 2 girls who were 19-20.  To say the least there were men literally sining and dancing naked on the stage-hence the title.LOL - It was a lot of fun very entertaining and silly.  Afterwards we went to dinner!  Six years later we all still laugh about it!  Hope this helps.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin recently went on a wine tour around Manhattan.  It was actually a boat cour around Manhattan and at each major land mark they tasted a new wine and there were plenty of appetizers.  Also, I went on a cover band boat tour around the city a few years ago.  Playing was a Bon Jovi coverband and the boat went around Manhattan.  That was a lot of fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I appreciate all the ideas, but going into the city is not an option for us.  I'm pretty sure we've decided to go out to dinner locally and hit up a small bar for karaoke.  I know the owners and staff and they are willing to decorate for us, reserve some tables, and even store a cake for us in their fridge. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards