Outdoor Weddings
Options

all-inclusive in Islamorada?!

From what I understand there are no all-inclusive resorts in Islamorada, Florida? Does anyone know of one? I would live to do an all-inclusive for the convience of my guests. Help?

Re: all-inclusive in Islamorada?!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    First, I don't believe that there are any all-inclusives in the continental US (although I am the first to admit I'm wrong if someone knows of one). 

Second, I really, really think you should reconsider doing an all-inclusive for the ceremony venue. They will charge a large entrance fee (sometimes as high as 200 dollars per person per day) for the guests who opt to NOT stay at the all inclusive to attend your reception.  Essentially the guests paying to stay at the AI end up subsidizing the cost of the wedding reception.  It's typically more expensive to stay at an all-inclusive than at other resorts--which is great for guests who have the money and want to take advantage of the all you can eat and drink aspects, but it's kind of crappy when you don't have the money and would rather stay somewhere less expensive and do the trip  on-the-cheap but then you get stuck paying the day pass fee.  If you do go the AI route, I'd make sure to cover the day pass fee for anyone who chooses not to stay on premises and that would take care of this situation. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    No AI in the Keys.  Only one in the entire state of Florida.  You have to go to the Caribbean or Mexico to find AIs.
  • Options
    Thanks for your response.. Where is that AI in Florida??<div>
    </div><div>TIA!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_all-inclusive-in-islamorada-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:bf709be7-1c65-4050-a025-c56d0903e8d1Post:67f82ede-5296-4150-b667-18b49a7cc944">Re: all-inclusive in Islamorada?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]No AI in the Keys.  Only one in the entire state of Florida.  You have to go to the Caribbean or Mexico to find AIs.
    Posted by BeachBride1216[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • Options
    i would repost this to FL board and let the ladies help you there
  • Options
    I am new in the knot just got engaged. Does anyone know a nice place in the Florida Keys where they can take care of all of the planning for me. Looking for a laid back tropical wedding location! love the caribbean feeling!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards