Michigan-Detroit

Holy snarkiness! and baby's breath opinions, please!

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to drop a quick note and say thanks for what a positive board this is.  I don't chime in much, but when I have, everyone has been so helpful.  Reading the other threads shows that's just the tone of this board.  I ventured into a few other boards today just wasting some time and couldn't believe how mean and snarky people can be on here.  Depressing!  So thanks again. 

Totally unrelated, but what does everyone think of baby's breath for centerpieces?  I kind of love it but I'm starting to worry it will look cheap.  We're getting married in January so I thought it would look snowy.  And of cost spending less is definitely a plus.  This is the look I'm going for:

It will be one of those on each round table.  What do you think?

Re: Holy snarkiness! and baby's breath opinions, please!

• I think it looks great. As long as the bunches are really full, they will look great. Im thinking something similar for my wedding and was concerned that it looked cheap. But in the end, as long as its full and pretty, I think its perfect. I bet your guests will think they are beautiful as well!
  • I definitely don't think it looks cheap. It's refreshing and different, very pretty.

However, I hate the smell of baby's breath lol. I'm not sure if this is one of those weird things that is just me or not but you might want to consider the strength of smell you'd get from a full bouquet of it. Usually there's just a bit in a bouquet and I still smell it. Maybe do a trial centerpiece and see if the smell sticks out?

Again, that might just be me. But the name makes me think maybe not.
    June 16, 2012
  • One of my favorite weddings has baby's breath as the bridesmaids' bouquets:

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think baby's breath is a beautiful and inexpensive option. I say go for it. I have never noticed a smell before, but maybe it's just me.
  • I work at a florist and was talked out of bb's breath for some of my centerpieces for my December wedding. The ones I was going to use it for were small and the more I thought about it the less I liked the idea. I think if done correctly it looks awesome!! So if this is your idea, I say go for it!!! Just be warned that if you are a DIY bride, this is the biggest pain in the a** flower to work with because the little flowers all get twisted together and you literally have to rip them apart. Also, the heads of the flowers are too heavy for the stems to hold so a lot of times they'll droop. Look into hydrangea as well!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_holy-snarkiness-and-babys-breath-opinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:0034d364-a5e0-4190-ac4e-b16ad7691d42Post:58f90f5a-e6d0-4891-be95-c4220cd9945f">Holy snarkiness! and baby's breath opinions, please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone, I just wanted to drop a quick note and say thanks for what a positive board this is.  I don't chime in much, but when I have, everyone has been so helpful.  Reading the other threads shows that's just the tone of this board.  I ventured into a few other boards today just wasting some time and couldn't believe how mean and snarky people can be on here.  Depressing!  So thanks again.  Totally unrelated, but what does everyone think of baby's breath for centerpieces?  I kind of love it but I'm starting to worry it will look cheap.  We're getting married in January so I thought it would look snowy.  And of cost spending less is definitely a plus.  This is the look I'm going for: It will be one of those on each round table.  What do you think?
    Posted by michgirl8[/QUOTE]
    love the bb
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think it would look lovely, but I do have to warn you I know many people who are alergic to it.  I wouldn't want your wedding to turn into a sneezing, itching mess.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback!  I have never noticed the smell before and had never heard of someone being allergic to it.  Oh boy.  Yikes!  I think I'm going to go for it and just cross my fingers that no one reacts poorly to it, because I really do love it.  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards