New York-Hudson Valley

After you put down the deposit...

at the venue, what are the next steps? Do you wait until it's closer to the event to start talking to them about tastings, and all the other arrangements, etc?

Re: After you put down the deposit...

• edited December 2011
    and of course, thank you all for the help, as usual. :)
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We did our tasting a few weeks after booking, because they had a large one scheduled. I would ask your venue when you can do one. Other than that, aside from making payments, we didn't need to do anything regarding the venue until we picked our menu a month or so before the wedding. A few days before the wedding we dropped off our final payment and all of the items for the reception.

I did ask questions every so often during the planning, but other than that there really isn't much to do.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    They laid out a schedule for us as to when we would need to let them know various things.
    We had booked 18 months in advance so there was a lot of time between deposit and actually providing info to the venue.  Gave me plenty of time to memorize the package and food lists and obsess over it : )
  • edited December 2011
    we asked for a schedule when we booked. we're doing our menu selection/cake/tastings next week. 
  • SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask them about the tasting schedule (some do big events, mine let you sample in the office the night of another event). 

Payment schedule is a biggie and find out when you have to give them menu choices, final seating #'s, etc.

I was lucky enough to have a tasting already and I won't do a thing with the folks at my venue til Feb, when the next payment is (and our wedding isn't until Sept 2011)
  • edited December 2011
    We asked the venue when they wanted everything.  Our venue laid out the dates for all the payments and then the headcount, seating arrangements and final payment are due two weeks before the wedding.  I e-mailed them to check on when we would have the tasting and which bakery to use for my cake.  We are going for our cake in July (four months before the wedding) and picking our menu in September (two months before)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_after-put-down-deposit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:d2013f63-2534-475c-91d6-621811d0a3f2Post:8be161cc-66ed-4d29-8aab-9d3ded9419fd">Re: After you put down the deposit...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did our tasting a few weeks after booking, because they had a large one scheduled. I would ask your venue when you can do one. Other than that, aside from making payments, we didn't need to do anything regarding the venue until we picked our menu a month or so before the wedding. A few days before the wedding we dropped off our final payment and all of the items for the reception. I did ask questions every so often during the planning, but other than that there really isn't much to do.
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

This exactly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards