California-Northern
Options

Tying our knot in Humboldt!

Hey there norcal knotties, 

I'm here looking for beautiful venues up in WAY northern california. We are planning an outdoor ceremony, but we're looking for an indoor reception venue to get our groove on... :)

We're estimating 150 guests on a saturday night. Kitchen for catering would be a huge plus, like I said earlier, there must be room for dancing!

Any ideas?

Good luck planning!
Tessa
~Planning, Dreaming, Wishing and Creating, this Day is just One of a Lifetime of Adventures~

Re: Tying our knot in Humboldt!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Humboldt, and got married up here last month if you have any questions feel free to Private Message me.  Also to start I would look at the Northcoast Journal Wedding Guide http://ncjwedding.journalgraphicsdigital.com/pubs/ncjwedding/current/ is the link.  They also have it actual printed ones at places around town, but i'm not to sure where you live.  The wedding guide has everything local that is related to weddings.  You can look at venues, cake, photographers, florists, seamstresses, rental places, bands.  You name it's pretty much in there.  Good Luck.  When are you getting married?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hilary - Thank you so much for the link! i was actually on the Journals website a couple days ago, and even with all my searching I didn't come across this. :)

We are thinking Oct. 1st, praying and knocking on wood for good weather (but any day is really a hit or miss up in humboldt right?)

If you have any suggestions, or people you worked with that you really liked, that would be so helpful too!

Tessa
    ~Planning, Dreaming, Wishing and Creating, this Day is just One of a Lifetime of Adventures~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved our venue.  We got married at the Scotia Inn on September 18 of this year.  The ceremony was supposed to be held outside, but it was raining on that day so we had it inside.  I loved having it inside though and was really happy that we did.  At the Scotia Inn they have a nice big banquet hall wilth plenty of dance room.  We had three live bands for our wedding and there was plenty of room to dance when dancing was called for.  The inn also has onsite catering for dinner and appetizers, and the food is super good.  I keep getting compliments from guests about the food and how mucn they loved everything.  if youre interesed I have TONS of pictures.  The outside ceremony site is really pretty too.  They have maples and weeping willows (look in my sig pic), and flowers.  One nice thing about the inn is that they have rooms guests can stay in so its kind of all inclusive, and the staff there is amazing.  I got my cake from Verbena Catering, and her cakes are so delicious.  Another one of my favorite bakeries is Velluntini's I always get our birthday cakes from there.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds beautiful! I would love to see more photos!! If you want to post them here or you can email me at tessa(dot)danielle(at)gmail(dot)com

and your sig pic = GORGEOUS :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards