Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

NWR: Vibes please/Thank you to you wonderful ladies

Just wanted to give an update that we are going to court for my worker's comp case next Tuesday, Feb 3rd.  This is not for the entire case, but to determine whether or not a Spinal Cord Stimulator is "medically necessary".  This has been over a year in the making (I had the trial part end of October 2008, and was supposed to have the permanent surgery beginning of Dec 2008, and they denied it the day before the surgery.  Ever since then, it's been a fight), and even though we have the medical data and doctor backing we need, it's not guaranteed.  If they deny this on Feb 3, it's a final decision and I cannot dispute it- so the court date and possible outcomes are weighing heavily on me.

Right now, this is the only procedure that will offer me relief that I can hope for (ketamine infusions (The ones where they put you into a coma in Germany?  Those are ketamine infusions) are an option, but the doctor who does them, Dr. Schwartzman out of Drexel, is the world's leading expert in my disease and has a waiting list of over 2 years.  My current appointment date with him is end of January 2012!).  It's not ideal, but nothing regarding what I have is, so this is what I am hoping for to help me live pain-free.

I do have to say, this has been a learning experience for me.  I struggled for many months after being denied the surgery- it was my dream that I could walk down the aisle without support of a person/cane/crutches/wheelchair, and it seemed to me that they stole the 'beauty' of my day right out from under me.  I have grown though- and learned that that's not what it's about at all.  Coming to the realization that if FI will love me sick, he will love me well was one that was difficult for me (I believe he deserves so much better, he's dedicated his life at 23 to taking care of an invalid and has never once made a derogatory or hurtful comment about it and now I am crying...), but I am happy to say that whether I walk down the aisle with a (very jazzed up and decorated) cane or without aide,  the outcome will be the same, and that is all that matters.  The walk back down and the first dance with no pain would be icing on the cake, but it's not going to make or break the day.

So, anyway, if y'all could offer up some prayers, thoughts, and vibes for me, that would be very greatly appreciated.  I know some of us have had our differences, but right now, I am hoping that as a fellow Knottie a few prayers and well wishes can be thought for me.  I know I haven't always been the easiest knottie, but I want y'all to know that being on these boards has made my current life and situation a little easier- coming to these boards is one of the highlights of my day, and I look forward to it always.  You girls are wonderful.

Annnnnd enough of the sappiness.  Back to business as usualCool

Re: NWR: Vibes please/Thank you to you wonderful ladies

• Options
    dch167dch167 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MBR- You are definitely in my thoughts. Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know your story since I'm fairly new to this board but I just wanted to wish you luck as well.  It sounds like a painful situation, I hope some relief is in store for you soon. 
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck Briar.  Keeping you in my thoughts.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my thoughts...best of luck!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GL - I'll be thinking about you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!  Hopefully good news will be coming your way!
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck.  I'll be thinking of you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good luck and many good vibes, hun...
    i know you don't know me, but it's helped me a lot in my own health/ chronic pain issues...i'm a level 2 reiki practitioner.  i'd be happy to offer you some energy work.  and no, this isn't a vendor post...i don't charge or anything for this kinda stuff..i've just been driven to help people it may help.  :)

if not, good luck...i know how this stuff works, and i know how hard it is to get things approved that may actually help...meh!
    Photobucket

september siggy challenge! my colours!

"Love does not consist of gazing at each other's eyes but looking outwards at the same direction." - The Little Prince Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards