Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Martha's Vineyard Caterers

My fiancé and I are having a hard time finding a reasonable caterer under $85 per head on Martha's Vineyard. Do they exist? My brother got married 8 years ago and they found a caterer for $45 per head but I'm beginning to think that this is a thing of the past.....

Re: Martha's Vineyard Caterers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi - I'm working with 2 (trying to nail down who we're ultimately going to use) but both seem very reasonable for all of the services provided.  And both have been extremely pleasant to work with.  I'd recommend reaching out to Tea Lane and Buckley's on the island.  But have come in under $85 pp (well, until you add in tax and gratuity!) ... but it might be a start!
    Good luck!
  • Options
    kaydoogskaydoogs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the feedback! We are finding prices to be well over this but I will be sure to reach out to these two. What have you found for additional equipment costs for catering as well at the tent, tables, chair, and dance floor rentals? We are finding that these items add up quick as well as the band since you can't have a dj.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I completely agree... the costs added up much faster than I had hoped!  I'm waiting for a revised tent retal estimate which will include everything we need- tables, chairs, linens, glasses, etc.  But early estimates were around $6k.  We knocked a few things out-- not doing a dance floor now- since we're tenting a stone patio we're going to just skip putting down another floor.  Our band didn't feel it was necessary based on what and how they play.  We're going with a steel drum band since they seem to fit the acoustic and outdoor vibe best.  Luckily they don't require a band stage either so that was another save for the rentals.  
    We're not sure how the addtional catering equip will add up but we've been told to be prepared for about $1,000.  One caterer mentioned she tends to rent on the low end since her company has a lot of their own that they bring and use and she also uses whatever kitchen is on-site instead of over-ordering the cook tent items.  So there are definitely some that seem to be more budget conscious.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Buckley's Catering for my wedding and I can not say enough good things about them.  Jessica Buckley is amazing!  She worked the menu so it would fit in our budget.  The whole night she was completely on top of everything even making sure my husband remembered to eat.  The food was so delicious, definitely get the mugs of clam chowder.  Oh and their raw bar boat is very cool.  `

For tents/rentals we used Seaside, they were very efficient.  The set up & clean up was a breeze.  Jessica worked with them directly for the final count of what we needed/didn't need equipment-wise. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards