Military Brides
Options

BLAAAHHH....

This is a vent ladies...

So FI and I finally started talking dates for this wedding and we're thinking of doing an April or May wedding for this upcoming year. Nothing can be set in stone however until he gets word back from the police academy about his starting date and from the Army about his deployment. There's just so much going on and having to be waited on and I have been trying to not let anything get to me and looking at the positive. As FI likes to say, "It's ok babe, don't worry about things so much...we're going to be married and that's all that should matter." I know that's the mindset to have, but I can't help but worry about the small details...I mean I've learned a lot from you ladies about how to go about the planning process. The wedding will most likely be in the San Antonio area since that's where we'll be living and I'm sure they will have military clauses for most things since there's so many military bases there.

I guess I'm just worried about time at this point.

Did anyone else plan a wedding on such short notice (less than a year)?

Re: BLAAAHHH....

• Options
    I planned our entire wedding in 5 months for 200 people.  It is absolutely possible.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would wait to set a date until you guys get more info about his work schedule. I would also suggest picking a month of the year that isn't in 'wedding season' (April - August). If you pick say March or Octoboer (the original months I wanted) with short planning time, you will have more of a chance of booking the vendors you wanted since it wouldn't be as busy during that time.

Good luck with everything!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_blaaahhh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:ecba5bd0-7c71-4488-b0bc-3b905bd4853dPost:c473dabe-c3cf-46c6-99e3-512cbc80026d">Re: BLAAAHHH....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would wait to set a date until you guys get more info about his work schedule. I would also <strong>suggest picking a month of the year that isn't in 'wedding season' (April - August). </strong>If you pick say March or Octoboer (the original months I wanted) with short planning time, you will have more of a chance of booking the vendors you wanted since it wouldn't be as busy during that time. Good luck with everything!
    Posted by tyleet87[/QUOTE]

I originally did want to do something earlier on, but I want to be at least 21 (my choice) and have it before the time frame when FI was told he would deploy (his choice). That hasn't given me too much of a time frame to work with but I know that if we did it then, the people that I'd want there would be able to make it.
  • Options
    My friend just got married in SA at the end of May and she planned her whole wedding in about 4 months. That included finding a dress (she bought off of recycled bride and had it altered). Her wedding was wonderful. It ended up rather small, they invited 120 but ended up with more like 60 because it was OOT for the majority of their guest list. I know it can be done. Take advantage of the bridal expo (I think it's in Jan.?), she got a ton of discounts of her major vendors (cake, photog, and flowers) through some deals she found there. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_blaaahhh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:ecba5bd0-7c71-4488-b0bc-3b905bd4853dPost:8cad7f15-63d0-421c-af24-e65340249753">Re: BLAAAHHH....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLAAAHHH.... : I originally did want to do something earlier on, but I want to be at least 21 (my choice) and have it before the time frame when FI was told he would deploy (his choice). That hasn't given me too much of a time frame to work with but I know that if we did it then, the people that I'd want there would be able to make it.
    Posted by Zeldakins[/QUOTE]

<div>Just be flexible.  We knew we would likely have to have a Friday wedding, which we ended up with.  We also were completely flexible on vendors.  Our original date was over a year after we got engaged, and the only thing we had done was pick a reception venue and church.  We were only penciled in at both places knowing we were waiting on orders.  When orders came out and we were moving cross country, we bumped up the wedding to within 5 months.  I called both venues and asked for all available Fridays and Saturdays in July and August, and then compared the lists.  We ended up with 2 dates available at each, and just picked one.  From there, we started calling photogs and DJ's from the bridal show we went to and had no problem finding ours.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Once we pick a date get your STD's out right away.  If it's too close to the date, then you can even do an e-STD just so people are aware of the date.  I had no issue with my dress or my BM dresses coming in on time.  We just made sure to do the time sensitive stuff right away.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have been leaning towards a Friday wedding tbh...but for some reason my mother is horribly opposed to it. She's been almost no help at all as far as encouragment. The last time we talked wedding stuff she told me to just go do a JOP and invite noone, cause noone was going to want to go to a Friday wedding. :/  That very much irritated me, but I'm still going to try and appease them by trying to find an available Saturday...or even a early Sunday. If all else fails, I'll go with a Friday. (which is my first choice do to price, and availability.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards