Georgia-Savannah

Outdoor Ceremony/ Reception Concerns and Recommendations

My fiance and I will be moving to Savannah soon and are planning on having our wedding there either in April/ May or October of 2012. I know that's a big difference but there is still a lot of things up in the air. I really want an outdoor wedding but I am worried about the weather being too hot and humid even in those months. Since I don't live there yet I don't really know what it can be like, any experiences to share?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for locations? I plan to have 60-75 people attend, mostly just close friends and families. I know about the squares, which are a possibility for the ceremony but I really want an informal reception site where everyone can just mingle and relax, almost like a picnic. I am adamantly opposed to hotel style reception sites. Has anyone had or been to a wedding at 109 West. I think it looks awesome but I'm afraid it might be too small.

Re: Outdoor Ceremony/ Reception Concerns and Recommendations

• edited December 2011
    If you are ok with an indoor recption site, you may want to look at 10 Downing, which is the private space at Churchill's Pub on Bay St.  It is a GORGEOUS space...very Savannah...pine floors, tin ceilings, etc.  There are lots of menu options, the rental rates are ridiculously reasonably and include lovely chairs, etc, and the manager is amazing to work with.  It is the perfect size for 65-70 people, and there is an attached outdoor rooftop terrace that your guests can go out on if you want there to be an outdoor element.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out The Mackey House.  I will be marrying there next April.  Its a much more intimate setting than a downtown square.  You can choose to have your ceremony in the yard or under the pavillion.  You can also use the house for your reception.  It's really a great venue.  www.mackeyhouse.com
  • edited December 2011
    Kaysix6, there is going to be several venues listed on www.georgiabridalexpo.com in the next month or so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards