August 2012 Weddings
Options

Return To Sender

Anyone else get any of your invites returned?

My aunt's invite got returned last week and I've have been waiting for her to check her FB so I could get her proper address and she hasn't checked in so my other aunt messaged me on FB and asked about it - turns out my cousin got her invite but her mom didn't get hers!!! I feel awful for having the wrong address! Needless to say I'm dropping her new invite in the mail first thing tomorrow!!!  I bet she felt totally left out and forgotten :( So I wrote a little note and slipped it in with the invite telling her I'd NEVER forget her and my uncle! My other aunt gave me the wrong address!  Chaos! lol
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Return To Sender

• Options
    Omg the same thing happened to me! Just let her know it was returned! Dang post office! Don't fret I guess that happens all the time.... Mine had gotten stamped on the wrong side so they returned it to me... Their mistake my problem....ugh
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    See, I weighed mine but they were said to cost 85 cents so we just went ahead and bought a buttload of stamps and did 2 wedding related stamps on each envelope (a little overkill on the postage but oh well!). Then we hand cancelled them so as to not damage our pretty invites. LOL

The one I got back was so crinkled and destroyed :( I was heartbroken! Stupid post office! You can see it's a wedding invite - DONT BE SO CARELESS WITH IT! lol
  • Options
    One of my friends didn't get my shower or wedding invite and I had the right address!  So now she isn't coming to the shower because she didn't know to request off from work :-( and I'm going to hand her an invite when I see her.  It's not like I have a million extras...
  • Options
    and she would have just thought she wasn't invited, and I would have thought she was ignoring it.
  • Options
    Oh man Mercy that SUCKS! :(
  • Options
    Ugh I am so worried that some people may not have gotten their invites! And since just about everyone has to travel for our wedding they def need the notice! And yea the post office stinks I should have stamped by hand... Didn't know I could... But the one I got back looked horrible... :( it hurt to see it...
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    See, I considered starting a FB event for the wedding JUST for the sake of those who are invited knowing they have been invited and allowing for them to notify me if they didnt' get their invite! But I was told that would be tacky. Which I don't get since they should have gotten their invites already! Bah!

Greg and I asked for hand cancelling and they just handed us 2 stampers and let us go at it. Took maybe 5 minutes to get through the 101 invites we mailed out at the time hehe. 

And it does hurt to see them all mangled when you spent SO much time on them!! We made ours ourselves and spent SO much time on them - between designing them, printing them, putting them all together and tying the bows, doing the wax seals... then with me hand addressing ALL of them myself. Jeez!  To have it come back all wrinkled and ruined SUCKED. Luckily I am all about the overkill and ended up with quite a few extra invites so I'm able to piece together new ones if need be!
  • Options
    We got a couple back, too.  One the address was way outdated and the other one I must had copied from a few different places on the guest list.  The house number was wrong, as with the street name, but where I came up with those God only knows!  We didn't even have any extra details, ribbon, rhinestones, anything on ours and they still came back in pretty sad shape.  I'm going to pretend that's only from the return trip : D 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_return-to-sender?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:b873af34-d7f0-488c-85d2-cd668ab73c97Post:e8c43313-65f7-458a-8b12-ab413c465c23">Re: Return To Sender</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got a couple back, too.  One the address was way outdated and the other one I must had copied from a few different places on the guest list.  The house number was wrong, as with the street name, but where I came up with those God only knows!  We didn't even have any extra details, ribbon, rhinestones, anything on ours and they still came back in pretty sad shape.  I'm going to pretend that's only from the return trip : D 
    Posted by LibbyC730[/QUOTE]

I certainly HOPE it's only from the return trip!!!

Did you address yours late at night? maybe that's why that one was so messed up ;) LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards