Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Still stuck on Floral arrangements

This will be my table arrangements but with different vases. I will have a teal ball mason jar, a straight taller simple vase (same as tulip vase below) and a vintage bottle at each table. Also a vintage small ceramic deer. My flowers will be red roses, white tulips and another flower I havent decided on.

Here is the problem: I dont know how to tie in my colors and theme. I will have white table linens (free). But what now...... Do i try to find a fabric to make a table runner in our colors (so far has been extremely hard). Make a table runner out of Burlap? Add vintage linens in neutral colors. Put a piece of wood underneath?  Maybe just add tiffany blue ribbon for a punch of color?Or leave it? Please help me I am out of my MIND!!!

Re: Still stuck on Floral arrangements

• Options
    I often think less is more. It sounds like you'll have a lot of color inside the vases (with the flowers). I voted for the tiffany blue ribbon because i think that will add in the tiffany color you want, without adding too many things on the table. You could even tie the table number to it.
  • Options
    I voted for leave it as is. I think the teal mason jars will add a punch of color, and so will the flowers. I love your idea of the deer! I think that will really tie in your theme.
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, this one is really tough! I voted to do nothing at all. I like the idea of the burlap table runner, but it sounds like you have so many details already. Have you done a mock-up yet? I just did mine and realized that I didn't like it. :( I have a feeling that yours will look MUCH better than mine! I think the little ceramic deer idea is sooooo cute! Maybe you should try a mock-up with the stuff you already have. Even if you need to buy some fake flowers just to try it out. That would probably help put your mind at ease....
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Options
    Don't overthink it! Remember, this is not the most important detail of the day. It looks lovely as is in the picture, if there is something you REALLY WANT to add, go ahead and do it, if not then leave it alone! Either way, it will look lovely. Don't stress too much. :)
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Ahhhh (deep breath) Thanks girls. I am over thinking it :( I decided I am going to do a mock up with dollar store flowers this weekend with what I already have. I will post a pic and you girls can tell me what you think. I dont know why but this and the dress situation have seriously been my hardest to decide LOL

• Options
    Sweet! I have found that it definitely helps. I'm looking forward to seeing your idea in the real. I also just realized that you are in the "Seattle" area. I don't know why I didn't realize that before!
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Options
    i have been thinking abou this too!

i'm using 1 small and 1 medium aqua mason jar (flowers will be pink and white)
    and votive candles around.

i've decided to leave it! with just the flowers & candles.....my florist reminded me that there will be a ton of other stuff on the table (dinnerware, table #, menus, etc) and i felt like a contrasting runner would take away from the aqua mason jars which i love so much!

you can tie your colors in with the table # and/or menu if you're doing them! can't wait to see your pics!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards