September 2012 Weddings

BM gift help!

So I had this idea to get the girls robes which I think are fairly common.  I personally hate terricloth robes so I was thinking satin robes would be nice.  If the girls wanted to use them when we are all getting ready that would be fun and then it is a sexy/feminine fun gift after.  No monograms or "bridesmaid" plastered anywhere.  The most reasonable ones I found happen to be a two piece set with a chemise under it.  So now it went from just a robe to essentially buying them lingerie and a matching robe.  Is this weird?  I put a picture below.  I'd get them a different color (black or red I think are the most fun) but this showed the set best.

I should mention that all but one of my girls are FAR from prudish.  And the one who is, is only because of her religious beliefs of no pre-marital sex (so she's not really a prude so much as resisting temptation).  But she is getting married 4 weeks before I am so will be in newlywed phase after 25 years of waiting!

Re: BM gift help!

• I would give them the robe publically and then privately explain there is a little special extra present.  It seems like an okay idea to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • We aren't doing a rehearsal dinner so their gifts will be given just in front of us girls (the 6 of them and me) the night before or the morning of depending on how late they fly in Friday since it is a DW.
  • Oh I really like that idea! I think it's a really nice gift and I know I'd appreciate it.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited February 2012
    If you think you know their taste in lingerie then do it.  Definitely make sure that the robe is not the only gift since that will be used on your wedding day!  I think overall its a great idea. 
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah I was thinking this, wine glasses with the base and stem dipped in chalk board paint (2 of them since most are paired off and always better to have a set), and then maybe something else small.  Our budget is $30 each and the robe set and glasses will get me to around $20.  I'm thinking maybe just a $10 gift card to a place that each of them like so it is different for each of their tastes.  That's TBD though.

EDIT: I'm a moron and forgot that last week I decided I want to make them personalized hangers.  That all in hopefully shouldn't cost me more than $2-3 each so it'll be a goody bag of a variety of things!
  • Ooh, I really like this idea. Do you mind telling me where you found these?
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I found them on Amazon and also saw similar ones on Intimate Wholesalers (my fav lingerie website....having a Valentines Day sale for 15% off til tom using promo code VAL12 btw).  

• smartlyprettysmartlypretty member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I don't know- I might be the only one to raise objection? It's just, those look a little more like lingerie and less like an actual robe. I'd feel weird getting ready in this like if it's too skimpy. It just kinda looks more like something someone should be giving you- you know for the wedding night :p  . I really like the idea of robes, but maybe I'd stay away from satin. You could do more like a cloth or fuzzy material maybe? That would be fun.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • I think its a nice gift and would also be happy to receive it, but agree with smartly that it may be odd to get ready in...
    January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for the help girls!  Most of my girls (myself included) are what I'd call "naked people" in that they aren't shy about wearing little to nothing in front of others (especially other women).  I think I am going to get it for them but not say anything about wearing it to get ready.  I'll wear my robe so they feel welcome to but won't force a group pic in them or anything so they don't feel obligated.  I just feel like satin robes are things ladies don't treat themselves to where the practicaltiy of a terrycloth or fuzzy robe people would buy for themselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards