Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Confused about invites...

How early should the wedding invites go out? I was thinking about 3 months before to give the guests time schedule their vacation if needed and book the hotel room(s) (the hotel has a cut off for the block of rooms which is one month before the wedding) So we were planning on sending out the invitations in about a month but my MOH is planning my bridal shower and because of time constraints my shower will be two months before my wedding.
My problem is I would kind of like to have a plan for when both the invites go out because I do not want people to get the shower invites without receiving the wedding invites first. BUT I don’t want her to feel like I am trying to micro manage the whole thing....
Would it be horrible if I said nothing and the guests received my shower invites first? (EVERYONE that is invited to my shower is of course invited to my wedding but I don’t want them to feel as if they are not)
Anniversary

Re: Confused about invites...

• Options
    It's fine for shower invites to go out before wedding invites.  Wedding invites are 6-8 weeks before wedding; shower invites are 4-6 weeks before shower. 

Also, didn't you post this on E, too?  It's good to indicate "XP" for crossposts. 
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    I have received shower invites before wedding, or at the same time.  I sent my invites out early (12 weeks) because I am having a DW, but for a traditional wedding 8 weeks is plenty.  Any earlier and guests may lose the info most.
  • Options
    Shower invites are supposed to go our before the wedding invites. If you're completely worried about travel arrangements, send out Save-the-Dates. Wedding invites go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding, any sooner is too soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Got it! Thanks :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards