Hawaii

Good Morning everyone!

It's been so quiet over here lately! How is everyone? Did you all have a good holiday weekend?

We saw Cirque du Soleil: TOTEM this weekend and it was incredible! And we had an epic Monopoly game last night :) 

Re: Good Morning everyone!

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh jealous I love Cirque du Soleil.  My weekend wore me out.  Had Friday off so I went to visit my parents because my grandma from Vietnam had flown in to visit all of us.  Woke up so early to beat traffic to drive there.  Saturday was awesome with surfing and a birthday party later in the evening and Sunday i was a zombie mess because of the previous two days but FI and I spent it with his family for Easter, had an egg hunt, and such an delicious lamb dinner.  I always over stuff myself at dinner there.
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm running slow this today.  This weekend kicked my butt.  Why don't we get a day off for Easter? It'd be nice to have a day just to rest.

I have lots going on with work this week and will be out of town for work at the end of the week.  Honestly, I don't mind being put up in a hotel and treated to my meals.  Also means no cleaning for me! hehe

FI's mom is driving me crazy, again.  I'll post about it later.
  • edited December 2011
    Ahhhhh.  AHR was this weekend.  350 person ballroom reception...crazy.  We are exhausted and just beyond relieved it is done.  More details soon...
  • breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_good-morning-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:27ba958b-9577-45e0-9baa-1dd0103b4648Post:7962481e-ee73-4129-a78e-6e723b537188">Re: Good Morning everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahhhhh.  AHR was this weekend.  350 person ballroom reception...crazy.  We are exhausted and just beyond relieved it is done.  More details soon...
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]
    No wonder you've been a bit MIA on here ;)<div>
    </div><div>That's NUTS! I can't wait to hear about it though.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://oahu.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_good-morning-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:27ba958b-9577-45e0-9baa-1dd0103b4648Post:0693edcb-1ea2-4bc5-91fe-bcd337cd8c20">Re: Good Morning everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning everyone! : No wonder you've been a bit MIA on here ;) That's NUTS! I can't wait to hear about it though.
    Posted by breaness[/QUOTE]
    Yeah and I wanna hear where you guys decided to go for your honeymoon?! Maybe I missed it? Tanq - your AHR was like 2 weeks after you came back from HI, right? Do you think it was too soon or that you had enough time? I'm trying to figure out when we should do ours and how much rest we'll need once we're home.
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning all!!!  Well, it's morning here still anyway!  We had a busy weekend with Easter, and next weekend my FI graduates from college (YAY!), then I have 1 free weekend, then my bridal shower, then Memorial Day, then June is here!  I will be super happy, I'm not someone who likes having 'plans' on the weekends, I just like to relax! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    AHR was 4 weeks after the wedding.  For us, it was way too soon, but with a few caveats:

1) We had 350 guests (FAIL!)
    2) Our families did NOT help (in fact, made it worse)
    3) We had a sem-formal hotel banquet
    4) We had labor intensive tasks like re-editing our love story video, making a slideshow, and hand printing 350 menus
    5) We are perfectionists
    6) We work full time
    7) We also planned Hawaii on our own and came back from that already exhausted

If you can relax even one of those parameters, it becomes a lot more doable.  :)
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our AHR 6 weeks after we get back from our honeymoon with 100-150 ppl. We will be on our honeymoon for 2 weeks right after out wedding. I hope that will be better for us to relax, have enough time to do everything and for me not to pull any of my hair out.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm dragging today. I was going to join a gym, but I didn't get to bed when I wanted to last night.  The cat went missing and we spent 45 minutes looking for him.  He finally came walking down the street with a mouse in his mouth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards