Canada-Ontario
Options

Steamers?

Hi ladies

Does anyone know of a place who can steam my dress for me?

I'm flying in with it so I won't be getting it done until I arrive in Toronto, however I'm not 100% sure I trust the local dry cleaners! They make me nervous!

If anyone has had their dress done or knows of a place - I'd appreciate the info!

thanks!

- Heather

Re: Steamers?

• Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, your title brings to mind a warm pile of dog doodoo.

Where in Toronto will you be staying?  A bridal salon should be able to do it for you without you worrying about the dress.  I've seen steaming/pressing fees to be in the range of $50-$100.  Will you arrive at least a few days before the wedding to give them time to do it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My seamstress is steaming my dress and veil for free...well at least as part of the alterations...you can also take it to a bridal gown dry cleaner..like a gown preservation place im sure they can steam it for you.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to PP - a seamstress would probably have a cheaper rate than most bridal stores.  I used Irene's Studio on Bayview and she did a great job at both alterations and steaming/prepping the dress!
  • Options
    LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

I'm arriving 1st weekend in May and the wedding isn't until the 1st weekend in June so I'll have tons of time to do it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards