Canada

Guest Books?

nfp147nfp147 member
First Anniversary First Comment
For the most part, I think that a guest book will be just another thing that collects dust in our house.  But, part of me wonders if I'll regret not having one.

Are people having guest books?
Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

TTC Since January 2011 - We have bad sperm IUI #1 (February 2013) = BFN Nestie Besties with Xan921

Re: Guest Books?

• APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, but we're still doing one anyway. What I want to do (if we can ever find the time) is make one with little characters and places for people to draw and boxes which suggest stuff for people to say. Just so that it encourages our guests to be a little more creative than just 'congrats' over and over.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI's mom and sister did a photo guestbook from My Publisher.  I think it was $25 (with a coupon), and it's a whole bunch of pictures from when we started dating to the shower last weekend, with space around it for people write.  We tried to include pictures of a lot of family and friends so they could find a specific to them page to write on.  Even if there isn't a lot of signatures, it's a nice album to have!
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a photo book like Littlin: share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0EZOWrJs2asnhA

Our guests told us that they really enjoyed looking through the photos, and since it was "free form" (no lines), some people wrote little notes and paragraphs. We really enjoyed reading through them the next day, and I still sometimes pull it out for a smile. I'm so glad we did it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not having a traditional guest book.  I'm wanting to make a display of our wedding things.  So I've bought a platter from Michael's that people can sign and I'm also going to get a Vase for people to sign which will after the wedding hold my silk bouquet.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI's uncle has this antique white wooden chair that they had everyone write on for their wedding - it is beautiful and up in their bedroom!
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're not sure about a guest book.  One idea I really like is getting a picture frame and letting people sign it and write little notes.  The other is little wish cards that we can scrapbook into something.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • awick14awick14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the chair idea, I have been to weddings where people take a surf board or skis and get people to sign that. My fiance want's to take the valve cover from my first car and get people to sign that. I am having a traditional guest book as well.
    The most beautiful things in the world are not seen nor touched. They are felt with the heart. -- Helen Keller Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • breezerbbreezerb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend got a big silver picture frame (like 20" x 20") with a black mat background and their 5' x7' black and white engagement picture in the middle.  And she bought a bunch of silver pens and had everyone sign their name on the mat.  It's very classy looking and it's the first thing you see when you walk in their house.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

*No pony, no I do!*
  • edited December 2011
    I bought blank business cards from the dollar store and printed little sayings on them like Love is..... and We wish you..... so guests can fill them out then I will make a scrap book with photos of our guests and their cards. I got the idea from Martha Stewart http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/wedding-good-things#slide_41 there are lots D.I.Y ideas there!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Ideas from weddings I've been to:Destination wedding in Washington DC used a coffee table book full of gorgeous pictures of local attractions. My Publisher/Shutterfly book of engagement photos. Both were really beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards