Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Looking 4: Beach, Hammocks and beach beds

I am sooooo frustrated with this HM shopping thing. I've contacted several TA's and after they give me an initial quote and we are ready to book, the final quote comes in much higher (over 1.5k).

The other TA has great packages on her website including air, I inquire about them and she turns around and tells me that I can't afford those packages and I should consider going elsewhere. 

All we want is sand on our toes and lazy hammocks, beach beds would be awesome! We're looking for a casual, intimate and secluded resort, is that too hard to find? Our budget is about 5-6k for Jan-11. 

Any suggestions?  

Re: Looking 4: Beach, Hammocks and beach beds

• Options
    look at sandals resorsts. you can even book them yourself online.
    We booked the one in antigua for 7 nights/8 days for just ober $5500 and the airfair is included. This is also at the concierge level.

It's worth checking it out. There are several sandals resorts so you have a variety of places to choose from.

also try beaches, secrets and karisma resorts. GL
  • Options
    I searched EVERYWHERE..........and I do mean everywhere.........to get just what you are looking for and our budget was 5k. We ended up booking Secrets Maroma Beach in Riviera Maya, Mexico. The beach was voted in the top 10 in the world, and you get an amazing honeymoon package for free. I also debated on Excellence Playa Mujeres which also looks amazing.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies, I'll look into those. Did you guys end up booking with the resort or used a TA? TIA
  • Options
    I've been looking at Excellence in P*nta Cana, DR and the Couples resorts in Jamaica. Both have great prices. At Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica for 10 days in the best room it's $5300 with air.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We actually went to El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya this past summer and it was everything you are looking for.  Well...their beach isn't huge, but there is a hammock on your patio, they have swim-out rooms (awesome), adults only (also awesome!), amazing food, and beach beds all around the property.  A bit further south is their sister resort, El Dorado Seaside Suites.  From what I understand the service/food/accomodations/grounds are just as great, but with a much bigger/nicer beach.  PM me if you want any pictures or other info.  Good luck!  :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, we just booked our HM to Fiji! We are so excited! I ended up booking directly with the resort, somehow it ended up being less expensive directly with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards