Washington-Seattle

Weekend Confessions!

And...................  GO!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Weekend Confessions!

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got an unable to attend RSVP from two of our good friends, one of my sorority sisters and one of his fraternity brothers who got married in 2009.  They are OOT now, and I know her sister is getting married up in WA this summer, so it is probably a time off/$ reason.  But they didn't write anything on the back or front of the RSVP card, which I FREAKING HATE Yell   So I've been thinking about how much they are going to miss out on, and how much better our wedding will be compared to theirs (which FI and I went to btw).  I know that masking my disappointment with "wedding competitive-ness" is  immature and b*tchy, but I don't care Tongue out  Soooo many of our/their friends (fellow fraternity/sorority peeps) will be at our wedding, and they are going miss out big time!  They are now counted on my "Too Lame to Attend" list... lol
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • zoiesmurfzoiesmurf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think I'm the opposite of a lot of people... As much as I love *most* of the people on our invite list, I am praying we get atleast 41 no's because our guest list is 166 and our venue can only hold 125 without having to tent. And I really don't particularly care who the no's are, in that I don't have any people I'm really hoping say no, as long as there are 41 of them...WinkEmbarassed

December 2011 Weddings September Siggy: Shoes
    Vintage shoes I found at an antique store about 10 years ago :)

CIMG0051

Retro/Vintage Siggy Challenge: Favorite Vintage Movie
    sabrina

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • liamahalliamahal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_weekend-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:750faaf6-5fab-4075-951d-c5c5af834607Post:4c8d1d27-e31b-4e77-8cb1-2fddba27dc96">Re: Weekend Confessions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I'm the opposite of a lot of people... As much as I love *most* of the people on our invite list, I am praying we get atleast 41 no's because our guest list is 166 and our venue can only hold 125 without having to tent. And I really don't particularly care who the no's are, in that I don't have any people I'm really hoping say no, as long as there are 41 of them...
    Posted by zoiesmurf[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you!  I have 400 on my guest list so far (my fiance hasn't given me his friend list yet), and my venue holds 350 snug.  I'm hoping at least 75 people can't make it!
    {8.20.10 - Married} {11.12.11 - Wedding}
  • edited December 2011
    I'm scared.

We met with the minister yesterday for the first time and when she was going over the ceremony and said "and then I'll introduce you as Mr. & Mrs..." I just about lost it.

I love my FI with all my heart and do want to marry him.  I think the "realness" of it all hit me.  It's strange I'm sure, especially as we've lived together for the last 10 months and people think we're married anyway.

Part of my fear I know has to do with there still being financial stuff between him and his ex (his on the house loan until she re-fi's but her credit is bad and she can't get it).  I don't doubt his love for me, I'm just...well I guess nervous!
  • meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know it's monday, but I still have some confessions to get off my chest.

I am also hoping that a lot of our guests can't make it (especially the distant friends FMIL invited).  We invited 180 but are hoping to get down to 150-160.  We can fit all 180 but it will be tight.  Eek!

I'm a bridezilla.  Or, at least my MOH/Sister call me one.  I still think I'm not :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards