Chit Chat

Judge Judy

In case anyone is looking for some entertainment in a few minutes on Judge Judy "a woman is suing her bridesmaid for mental anguish over a dispute about the cost of the dress"

Its on Fox.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Re: Judge Judy

• Oh God.  If ever there was a need for a link.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • I know right?! This bride is beyond ridiculous. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_judge-judy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:cc396561-a8b0-4efa-a03b-b867fdc28e09Post:6c0b7028-634d-4e49-8cdd-7fe9b7a54ca7">Re: Judge Judy</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know right?! This bride is beyond ridiculous. 
    Posted by kristbot[/QUOTE]

Did you watch it? I would love to know what happened. But I'm nosy like that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • so wish I got to see that.  what was the outcome?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Ok here's the CN: 

Bride chose a dress in January for her September wedding. Bride was told by salon that if all the dresses were paid for by March they would get 10% discount. Bride goes with bridesmaid to salon for fitting on MARCH 26, get's discount deadline extended until end of business day.

Bride doesn't have enough money to pay for all dresses at that time (which she said she would) so calls mommy, mommy doesn't answer. Bridesmaid put all dresses on her credit card ($715). Bridesmaid doesn't get paid by any other BMs, bride says that's her fault, she (BM) should have asked them.

Bridesmaid sues bride for the amount of the dresses, bride countersues for 2600 for price of original dresses PLUS the new dresses she had to buy because she kicked bridesmaid out of wedding so bridesmaid wouldn't give her the dresses (obvi, she wasn't ever paid for them).

Judge Judy rules in favour of BM, tells bride she's whiny and that it was her responsibility to collect the money for BM from the others because it's her wedding and she picked the dresses and couldn't pay for them.
  • I caught the end of one of those judge shoes this morning (or maybe it was afternoon), and this girl was suing the nail lady, because all her BM's polish chipped, and it couldn'y be a coincidence, or so she said. than afterwards, she said that her finger was infected, and it ruined her honeymoon in Barbados. Did anyone see this?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh my goodness that is the most ridiculous thing on the planet. Mental anguish for being a jerk about a dress? Not paying for the dresses and then having your BM charge it to her card, which then you tell her she's basically SOL about getting her money back....even though you SAID you would pay her back?! What are some brides coming to? I mean seriously! These ladies are supposed to be your nearest and dearest and then you send them out with the recycling can when they fulfill their purpose to you. So selfish, disrespectful and a few other choice words for what this bride did. That's a whole new level of bridezilla.
  • I love JJ.  I love it when she apologizes to the SO of the person who's complaining in her court or straight out tells the SO to leave them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_judge-judy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cc396561-a8b0-4efa-a03b-b867fdc28e09Post:86084ad9-dd17-4f28-aebf-ef2c4a37f569">Re: Judge Judy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok here's the CN:  Bride chose a dress in January for her September wedding. Bride was told by salon that if all the dresses were paid for by March they would get 10% discount. Bride goes with bridesmaid to salon for fitting on MARCH 26, get's discount deadline extended until end of business day. Bride doesn't have enough money to pay for all dresses at that time (which she said she would) so calls mommy, mommy doesn't answer. Bridesmaid put all dresses on her credit card ($715). Bridesmaid doesn't get paid by any other BMs, bride says that's her fault, she (BM) should have asked them. Bridesmaid sues bride for the amount of the dresses, bride countersues for 2600 for price of original dresses PLUS the new dresses she had to buy because she kicked bridesmaid out of wedding so bridesmaid wouldn't give her the dresses (obvi, she wasn't ever paid for them). Judge Judy rules in favour of BM, tells bride she's whiny and that it was her responsibility to collect the money for BM from the others because it's her wedding and she picked the dresses and couldn't pay for them.
    Posted by kristbot[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>so the bride actually thought that the dresses were hers even thought she nor the other BM's didn't pay for them?  Really?     That is so funny.

</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards