Students
Options

Scheduling advice

Hi! I've been engaged since last November and we're planning a wedding for December 10th of this year. My FI is finished with school and I'm still in undergrad majoring in journalism/PR. When we chose the date, we were under the impression that finals at my school would be when they have always been, the very first week of December. In that case, they would be over before the wedding.

Well, the fall schedule came out today and guess what? They pushed back our start date so we will be having finals from the 8-14th. If we keep the wedding on the 10th I have a feeling that I will be extremely stressed because of the wedding being right in the middle of finals. We would also have to post pone our honeymoon because of the scheduling.

As of right now, we haven't sent out anything with our date on it, just word of mouth when people ask. The only other time we would be able to get married this year would be in July, if the church is available. 

Do you think it would be better to move the date or just try to make it work?
What I'm most looking forward to in 2012:
Vacations with DH, baby G 1.0, and Riley's first birthday!
Photobucket Anniversary
My Chart
Off BCP October 2011
TTC #1 since December 2011

Re: Scheduling advice

• Options

Do you have a study week between classes and exams?  if you do, i'd ask the dean if you could possibly take the exams then. 

• Options
    I'd move my date back as long as you haven't booked anything or formally given out a date (as in a STD or invite).

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

I'd move it. July is really soon though, especially if you've been budgeting your time for December. There's absolutely no other weekend to do it? What about pushing it to January of 2012?

• Options
    As far as a week to take them early, we only get a dead day so we will still be learning new material right up to two days before finals start. It's crazy around that time. 

I haven't sent any invites out yet so that's why I'm not too afraid to move it. If I had, it would be a completely different story. That is the only weekend that would have worked in December for us. Our families are always busy during the holidays and that was the one weekend that no one had anything planned. 

January isn't an option because classes start back at the very beginning of the year and with FI's work it gets really stressful around that time as well. 

I don't really feel comfortable with leaving it that weekend because I need to focus on finals and I know that it would be really hard for me too. On the other hand, like PP's said,  July is really soon. I know we could probably do it but it would be crazy. 

What I'm most looking forward to in 2012:
    Vacations with DH, baby G 1.0, and Riley's first birthday!
    Photobucket Anniversary
    My Chart
    Off BCP October 2011
    TTC #1 since December 2011
  • Options
    What about next July?  I know it would suck to push it back that far, but...
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Would you consider a Friday evening? From what you said I'm assuming your church is booked Dec 17th, but maybe the 16th would be available? If it was me I'd try to find the closest post-finals time to have it.....6 months earlier would be very stressful, and 6 months later just plain isn't worth the waiting!

FWIW, my younger sister is getting married on Friday Dec 30 this year for similar reasons - they're waiting for her FI to finish his last semester in December
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I would move your date and leave finals as scheduled.   I think trying to do both at the same time would be way too stressful and personally, I wouldn't want to jeopardize a grade while trying to do wedding stuff or not have everything done for your wedding because of finals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards