Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Alcohol cost?

Okay, my FI and I are on a really tight budget and we'll be buying our own alcohol. We just want to have beer, wine, and maybe champagne. There will be 45 people tops who actually drink. I don't drink myself, so I have no idea how much to buy or how much it will cost. Can anybody tell me the aprox. amount and cost of alcohol for 45 people?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alcohol cost?

• edited December 2011
    Depends where you buy it from and what you're buying. I used :

http://www.evite.com/pages/party/drink-calculator.jsp

to calculate the number of drinks I'd need and then did a cost estimate from there. We did 3 signature drinks, wine & beer at ours and we spent about 200$ for 31 people, buying booze from Costco and a local liquor store.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the link! That will definitely help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011

I would be cautious when using that link. Mine was WAY off and I would hate for you to be out a ton of money. I was able to get a better est. by asking the caterer. She had just done her son's wedding with the same amount of guests that I did so she was able to help me emmensly!
    Have you had any family members or friends get married recently? I would ask them or at the very least ask around.
    We have invited 326 guests planning for 275-300 to attend and are estiminating 5 kegs and 45 bottles of wine and including about 300 cans of pop.

HTH

• edited December 2011
    I'm going to go with the above comment and agree - be careful with that! I just put in my numbers and it told me to go with four cases of wine. My caterer AND the wine store person said two cases. And I'm having 50 guests. (we're serving both wine and beer, I forget how much beer they told me to get). If I were you, I'd ask the caterer or the alcohol supplier!

ETA: Most places will take unopened bottles of wine back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards