Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Disney Themed Wedding, Opinions needed...

I am a huge Disney fan and I am going to have a Disney themed wedding but not too over the top. For the reception I planned on having the centerpieces be objects from various Disney movies. For example:
one table themed be cinderella and the centerpiece be the glass slipper
one table themed be aladdin and the centerpiece be the magic lamp
etc...

I told my fiance about this and he thought it wasn't a good idea. What do you all think? I thought it was creative, unique and fun.
Future Mrs. Ralph

Re: Disney Themed Wedding, Opinions needed...

• Options

Dear this is your wedding ultimately and maybe you can just do suttle "disney" ideas that are more classic and elegant.  The center peices are going to be hard because they will end up coming off cartoonish.  I will say that swarovski has nice disney figurines that may go with your idea.  Hope you fine what your looking for and don't let people upset you because no one's sending you checks in the mail to help you pay for anything.  If you don;t like what they write then just move on to the next.

• Options
    Wow, there are a lot of Disney Downers on TheKnot !  My Fiancee and I are having a Disney wedding at Disney World and we are incredibly excited.

There are TONs of ways to incorporate a Disney theme without going over-the-top, or WITH going over-the-top ... and not have it look like a child's party either way.  Those who think  'kids party" when they hear disney themed wedding have no imagination, and can only think as far as the items they see in any party supply store.  Either way, you and your fiance are entitled to a wedding the way YOU love to have it.  That is the same for every couple.

When Walt Disney came up with his original plans for Disneyworld, it was because he wanted adults to play along with their children, not just stand idly by and watch.  Disney is meant for people of all ages to enjoy.

OP - if you are still looking for ideas, there are lots of endlessly friendly and informative people over on disboards.com -- scroll down to Disney Weddings and Honeymoons.  Look me up there if you like, my username is Alifay.

Best of luck and I am sure your wedding will be magical :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards