California-Orange County

Boudoir

Hey Gals!

Okay so this is a bit uncomfortable for me, but these forums are the only place where I won't feel judged for doing a boudoir bc either you've considered it or also doing it for your hubby to be too!

I am trying to gauge what's more worth the cost:

1. use my wedding photogs who are discounting me A LOT for the session, but only going to let me print one photo and frame it. This would be the gift I'd give my FI on the day of the wedding. On our year anniversary or after the honeymoon, then I can pay and get an album created. I will not get the high res photos on a disc. but they have a house that belongs to one of their moms but has extra rooms where we can do the shoot.

2. go with another photog that charges average ($400-$500) for the session and they give you a disc of whatever amount (depending on photog, but the one I like would give me 75 edited images).  These photogs do not have a studio or place to do the shoot.

So bottom line - should I pay less and sacrifice never having the photos unless I purchase an album OR do I pay more to get the dvd of the images?

Also - would you get your makeup and hair done or DIY?

Thanks!!!!!

Re: Boudoir

• edited December 2011
    pay more and get the dvd by far. you spend sooooo much getting prints from a photog  where if you have the cd you can do what ever you want with them for ever. There is a great web site called mpix.com where you can print professional looking photos. 
  • RachA03RachA03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks so much!
  • KristinJoyKristinJoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I normally don't say this on the boards, but...

I'm a photographer and I could do a boudoir session for you for $200 (with a disk) and I'll make you a book for $100.

Check out my website: www.KristinJoy.net
    816-223-8033
  • jfletcher3113jfletcher3113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check this out.... I'm going to contact this girl in HB. You have a choice of them doing your hair and makeup or you can do it yourself. I'm opting for them to do it because I have NO idea how to do sex kitten makeup, I'm kinda boring and don't wear very much of it.

Anyway, they give a disc of edited photos and you can buy unedited ones too (I'm definitely going for the edited) and there are a lot of packages. I haven't done it yet, but this is who I'm going with for sure!

I don't know if she's the cheapest, but, I think she does awesome work and it's well worth it!

http://www.pussycatpinups.com/live/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SheerDelightsSheerDelights member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello:

I would suggest Holly with Holly Dolly Photography. As well, I would suggest hiring a professional hairstylist and makeup artist for the session as well. 

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards