California-Northern

Dress shops in the Sac area?

I have a low budget of $500 for my dress. Any suggestions on where I can find a dress for that? I live in Sacramento but am willing to travel a bit. I don't want to waste my time at stores that start at $1000! I know of David's in Roseville, Bridal Mart in Rancho Cordova and the House of Fashion Outlet in Midtown (will they have anything under $500?). I'd love to hear more suggestions! TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dress shops in the Sac area?

• edited December 2011
    Hi there!  I think even House of Fashion might have some for $500.  Mine was $780 at HOF, but it was the first and only dress I tried on.  Maybe you could call them and tell them your budget just to verify, but I think they might still have a couple things to look at.  HOF2 (the outlet) would definitely have stuff for $500, I think. Also, have you thought about looking at Bridesmaid's dresses in white?  HOF has a great BM dress selection to try on if you think that might be an option! GL :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Stef! I am definitely open to bridesmaid dresses, especially Watters & Watters. I may have to make an appointment at HOF for that! Thanks!
  • edited December 2011

If you're just going to try on BM dresses at HOF, you don't need an appointment.  I bought my dress there and had a great experience.  I also tried on dresses at Bella Donna Bridal Salon which is in Town and Country shopping center.  They had a whole rack that was $500 and below. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would skip Bridal Mart - most of the dresses there are way overpriced. 

Check out David's Bridals online collection and Nordstrom has an online collection too. They are pretty reasonably priced. 

Also check out some of the online retailers - like House of Brides, Netbride and Pearl's Place. You can get some really good deals on higher priced dresses. 

Also if you don't mind used - check out the trash to treasure board and or preowedweddingdresses.com
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bridal Mart and my dress was about $550.
  • edited December 2011
    maybe Jessica McClintock?  If you don't want more than a train, they have some pretty dresses very reasonably priced :)

GL!
  • ashlieann14ashlieann14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is PW Jitters in Roseville that I have heard good things about, but have not yet been there myself.

Alfred Angelo is also in Roseville, and currently have a good number of dresses on sale at 50% off, and have other very reasonably priced dresses.
  • edited December 2011
    I second House of Fashion and Bella Donna. GL!!
  • jillflemingjillfleming member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are willing to go to Placerville there is a dress shop called Renfros. My cousin got her dress there for around $600 and it was really nice! It didn't look cheap at at that's where I'm getting my dress too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards