New Jersey
Options

So, who's your DJ?

Hi girls :)

I'm just curious who you picked for your DJ and how much do you plan on spending on one?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: So, who's your DJ?

• Options
    I am using Sounds to Go and we also got a photo booth for just under 2g
  • Options
    Dominic from Elite...paid 1300 which includes outside ceremony music and cocktail hour...
  • Options
    We used Danny C.  He came highly recommended from the girls here and he did not disappoint.  There's a longer review on the knottie review page. He was about $1600.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    DJ Alias from Scratch DJs.  He'll have a small setup for the cocktail area and then larger for actual reception.  All for a little under 2k.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Paul Anthony Ent. He's great, it's about 2100 for him plus uplighting and a monogram.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_so-whos-your-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:e8c996d4-900b-481d-b342-fb9c68d1b976Post:34237c00-9457-41c8-910b-32ed58d79a40">Re: So, who's your DJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Paul Anthony Ent. He's great, it's about 2100 for him plus uplighting and a monogram.
    Posted by klustig[/QUOTE]

Me too... Reception plus uplighting and we paid a little more. He also did sound and music for our ceremony and I think it was an extra $250ish. He was great- played music I didn't know I wanted. Lol.
  • Options
    we are also using Elite Entertainment...ur DJ is Jay!  DOminic did my cousins weddign he was great!  same price here $1300
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are using Danny Kay from Premiere Entertainment and paying about $1600 for 5 hrs, ceremony and cocktail hour.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm using Elite Entertainment as well but we haven't picked which DJ yet. I paid $900 for ceremony & reception
    ---------- imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We're using Jason Jani from Sound Connection Entertainment - we're paying $2,400 for the reception & a lighting package. We got a $500 friends & family discount from them.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Mikey B from POSH entertainment...we're paying around 3,000 from cocktail hour, reception, full room uplighting and a photo booth
  • Options
    For those using Elite, I was told their base price was around 1600-did you do heavy negotiating to get those prices?!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_so-whos-your-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:e8c996d4-900b-481d-b342-fb9c68d1b976Post:0f9c0fda-cbdb-4ed2-b78f-53ce833f355b">Re: So, who's your DJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Danny C.  He came highly recommended from the girls here and he did not disappoint.  There's a longer review on the knottie review page. He was about $1600.
    Posted by kristen8040[/QUOTE]

We are using him as well for the same price I highly recommend him!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Out of curiosity - do these quotes include video montages and TV's??

Damn....with photo booth, TV's and montage, it looks like we are paying about $5k

• Options
    I'm using Gemini in Wayne we get the DJ for 5 hours plus uplighting 2 monograms one on the dance floor one on the wall plus 1 min of fireworks when they announce us for 3k
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 192 Invited image
    65 Are ready to party! image
    4 Are party poopers! image
    123 Have me stalking the mailbox.image
  • Options
    I'm using Chuck Russo and I think I'm paying around $1295 for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception.
  • Options
    We used Brian from VenueAudio. We payed $1600 for DJ, 2 televions that played pictures from our engagement party and vacation pictures of us, a monogram that they gave to us to keep which was great!, and up-lighting. I was suprised at the price but when we sat down and talked they seemed great and sure enough they were. Posh did my sisters and was great too but just more expensive.
  • Options
    Hey,  we are getting married in September and found a great DJ- they are going to be playing at an open event in Montclair, NJ on May 2nd.  You should come:

http://inbliss.eventbrite.com
  • Options
    I'm using Elite Rhytms Entertainment (Tami & Ariel) I am paying about $3000 but I am having 2 plasmas, cocktail music, led unplighting around the room, a zap shot photographer, photo montage, and Tami is also somewhat of a coordinator the day of the wedding. when i meet with them i felt completely comfortable!! good luck!
  • Options
    CtrosselloCtrossello member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    We haven't booked yet but we got  two quotes:

Gemini - DJ, ceremony, cocktail hour, live drummer $2295 (monogram will be extra)

1-800 Jam - DJ, ceremony, cocktail hour, live drummer, photobooth, additional uplighting near windows (venue already has some built in), 2 TV's playing music videos, monogram $2500
  • Options
    We're using Diverse Entertainment. Cocktail Hour + 5 Hour Reception, Full Room MultiColor Uplighting, 2x50" Plasma Tv's, DJ, MC, Monogram Gobo, Intelligent Lighting, Live Video Recording of Dance Floor and Photo Montage -- $2750.    
  • Options
    We used Mystical Entertainment..www.partiesbyme.com....Tried and true. We went to a millionnn places and we felt that you shouldn't go cheap on entertainment. They charged us $2500 for a really nice set up with tvs and lights. With the whole planning process I decided to start wedding planning myself...enjoy!!
  • Options
    I posted before but it went missing.....Haven't booked yet but we got 2 quotes

Gemini - $2500 for DJ/Emcee, lighted DJ setup, GOBO, Ceremony, Cocktail setup, and Percussionist for Reception

1-800 Jam - $2500 for DJ/Emcee, 2 Plasma TV's, photo montage, some uplighting around windows, GOBO, Ceremony, Piano player for reception, Photobooth with operator, Percussionist for reception
  • Options
    lopezalonsolopezalonso member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    We are using Touch of Class in Kearny and are paying around 1700 for DJ, MC, and slideshows during the dances
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did no negotiating with Elite....it was 900 for the reception and 300 for the outside ceremony.  Their prices a bit higher though during peak season.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards