Indiana
Options

Silk Flowers!??!

Okay so I visited a florist this weekend and I've determined that real flowers are just way too expensive!!  I'm okay with having silk flowers as my bouquet...Does anyone know of someone that does silk arrangements in the Indianapolis area? Or a company that will ship them to me?

Re: Silk Flowers!??!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    an idea I read about is going to your local Michaels or Hobby Lobby, buying the artificial flowers there (look for sales though, sometimes they are up to 50% off!), then inquiriing if they have an arrangist there. They are genearlly cheaper than a florist and are just as qualified. Hope that helps, its just an idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Silk flowers are mainly a savings when you or a friend DIY it. Sometimes if you find a company that does it they only use the expensive high quality silks that can sometimes cost more than a live bouquet.

I would try etsy and see if you can find something there. You can even use alchemy to specify exactly what you want and people can bid on your project.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've shopped at my local Hobby Lobby, Flower Factory, Old Time Pottery, etc and have not found any flowers that I want... Thanks for the advice though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Flower Factory in Greenwood. They have good prices on flowers, vases, EVERYTHING you could want for a wedding! We have found SOOO much for our wedding there. It's a wholesale store so you do need a membership but the membership is free so it's not a big deal. I would try to discourage you about buying a bouquet on-line. I purchased one, paid $60 for it and WAS NOT happy at all! I am now using it as a throw-away bouquet and having to purchase a real one to carry the day of. To cut down on cost you could to silk for the bridesmaids and boutineres (I'm not evening making flowers for the groomsmen and mothers, etc). Check at saveoncrafts.com That is where I found the flowers for my girls. Good luck and happy planning! Hope this helps!
  • Options
    smilz4milzsmilz4milz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hobby Lobby carries a line of "Real Touch" flowers.  I got mine when they were having a sale on their "stems".  They're beautiful too!  When we had the bouquets displayed at the reception, a lot guests *had* to touch them because they just couldn't believe that they were fake.

You might even try the Trash to Treasure board.  Sometime girls will sell their "Angel Accents" bouquets on there.  (The Real Touch are just like the flowers from Angel Accents, IMO).

HTH!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards