Rhode Island
Options

Winter Wedding

Any RI Knotties planning a winter wedding? I am not fond of the summer and have been entertaining the idea. I obviously know that snow could be something to think about....any other considerations? Do the pros outweigh the cons?

Re: Winter Wedding

• Options
    Off season rates! Not only the venue but some vendors also offer this.

The snow could also be beautiful for pictures. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly, I love the idea of a winter wedding, but I am also not one bit afraid to drive in snow.  If you had the reception in a hotel ballroom, a lot of your guests would probably consider getting rooms anyway.  I'd go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think a winter wedding is a great idea - especially December!   My only tip is book early if you're thinking of a Saturday in December.  The "good" Saturdays (not too close to Christmas) book up fast for company holiday parties.  I actually book our company's party a year in advance at the Crowne Plaza in Warwick.  I don't know what your budget is, but the Biltmore in Providence is beautifully decorated for the holidays.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to suggest a destination winter wedding but if you are not fond of the summer, then maybe a new england/nyc winter wedding is for you as stated above you can def find discounts in the winter I wouldnt be afraid to ask vendors/venues if they have winter pricing you never know. I also love the winter wonderland outdoor photo's the bride & groom probably freeze their buns off, but totally worth the photos im sure! lol Maybe you should shoot for January, after holidays so you're not competing with those holiday party dates. goodluck!
  • Options
    I think a winter wedding is a great idea!  Also, people sometimes don't have as many plans in the winter so it would be something to really look forward to!  Best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I am going to aim for 2014, and start asking in a month when the summer wedding season simmers down a bit. I am worried about people reacting negatively....this is the first time I have heard positive things from others about winter weddings!
  • Options
    My wedding is this December 1.  I LOVE the winter wedding idea and went with it :) If you need any ideas or tips let me know!
  • Options
    My wedding is 12-1-12 and I am soooo happy with a winter wedding, you can get warm quickly :) And we are having a Newport wedding at the ABC right on the ocean!
  • Options
    I am 12-1-12 too!!! At the Viking Hotel. The great thing about December - with holidays just around the corner -  lots of places are decorated so you don't need to do as much and it makes the whole atmosphere really festive!
  • Options
    Why not do a fall wedding then?
    This way it is not hot and humid yet there is not the risk of snow (I shouldn't be the one to say that, my wedding was October 29th of last year and we were surprised with a huge snow storm, not kidding haha) But late September, early October, the weather would be gorgeous!! I'm partail to the fall because it is my favorite time of year...but...it really is a gorgeous time of the year for a wedding!!
  • Options
    I'm totally planning a winter wedding. March of '14 to be exact.
    We started dating then, and it makes sense to get married on our dating anniversary. Also, I have family that works in the golfing industry, which basically rules out ALL of summer. Rates are MUCH better in the winter than in the summer.

My only issue is where to do the ceremony. We're tossing up between two places right now, one I know has a beautiful ceremony space, the other one I'm not sure about the ceremony, but I know the food is awesome.

Has anyone seen a ceremony take place indoors at the Atlantic Beach Club?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards