Virginia

Yacht Club at Marina Shores?

Hey all, been lurking but this is my first post!

I am planning my wedding for 2011 (hoping for late May!), and I've been looking at venues in Virginia Beach. The one that has caught my eye the most is the Yacht Club at Marina Shores, mainly due to its affiliation with certain vendors I'm interested in. I think it's a good match because they offer a complete wedding package (including catering, cake, reception flowers, and photography) for a set price, as well as a ceremony site.

However, I have never been to the place. I plan to contact them for a consultation, but in the meantime, has anyone attended a wedding at the Yacht Club at Marina Shores? Or, better yet, has anyone had their own reception there? If so, what was your experience?

ETA: For any brides interested in doing their own research, the website for this venue is at http://www.yachtclubweddings.com .

Re: Yacht Club at Marina Shores?

• edited December 2011
    Hi there!  I just had my reception there on June 5th.. It was BEAUTIFUL and all the vendors are great!  They have the package deal, so there isnt too much to worry about..
    If you want to PM me, feel free and I can send you a link to my wedding pics so you can see the room decorated and such..
    But it was awesome and so well put together!
    I am going to be posting reviews soon as well..
    Again, PM me if you want to see pics :)
  • edited December 2011
    UPDATE FOR ANY BRIDES WHO MAY WANT TO CHECK OUT THE YC@MS....

I visited yesterday to check out the venue, and I really liked it.. they offer many options on nearly every aspect, and were very thorough in provididng information on their wedding package vendors. Also, they have a discount program with a nearby hotel for the us and our guests, including a free shuttle to and from the venue... this is a big plus, as we have many out-of-town guests!

The venue itself is nice, very pretty without being too fancy or overwhelming. They also just revamped their AC system, which is a real plus! The banquet room is a great size for 100 guests, and the bar is very snazzy.

I think that we are definitely leaning toward this venue, if only because of the flexibility to make the details our own!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm late to this post...But I wanted to say I'm also using the Yacht Club at Marina Shores...Except I didn't really want the Marina Shores venue. They have another venue that books up fast, I think it's a tad more expensive...just a little, though. But it is BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely beautiful. It's in Fishermans Wharf at the top of Hooks Restaurant. The reception venue is called The Water Table. Believe me when I tell you to look there!

As far as the vendors go...They are all wonderful to work with and so far I've had a pleasant experience. My wedding is in 5 months and so far the planning has been STRESS free!

Congrats on your wedding!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding there soon. Hopefully the actual event will change my general feelings about the yacht club package, but as of right now, not impressed. Most things are not as they seem. The package is not actually 5995 but more like 8500 after taxes and extra fees. And it is almost impossible to stay in that price. The reception is only for 4 hours. The shuttle from the hotel is NOT free. It is a good deal, $25 an hour, but you don't have to be affiliated with the yacht club to get it. Get everything in writing. Most of the vendors have been a hassle. I felt the same way when I visited, that there was so much flexibility, without the hassle of interviewing tons of vendors. But my experience has been that they are not interested in being flexible. The actual yacht club itself seems like a nice location.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at the Marina Shores. But I didnt like how when you left the building you are leaving right out on the deck of the bar. I worried about my older guests and the kids. When I went to view the spot, the dance floor looked a little dirty as well.
    I decided to book both my ceremony and reception at the Light house on the Cove. You can have a indoor or outdoor reception. You get the whole building for 8 hours. The parking lot is private for your guests. There package price is about the same as the Marina and included food only. But I was fine with that due to the building in such nice condition.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards