South Carolina
Options

Getting marrid in SC but i'm from England

Hi,
I am getting married in South Carolina next summer but I am from Reading in the United Kingdom and i am wondering if anyone has any tips for me, such as places for my guests to stay, hiring mini buses or mini vans, vintage vehicles, where to buy cakes and suit hire etc

Also does any one know of any caterers in SC?

My Dad lives over there but even though he has been out there over 5 years now i think he is still as clueless as me!!!

We have booked the venue in Spartanburg called duncans estate, i have only seen pictures and had recommendations but i do trust my Dads instinct as he went llok at it for me and fell in love.

If you have any ideas or suggestions i would love to here them.

Thank you
 CatLaughing

Re: Getting marrid in SC but i'm from England

• Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats.  there is not much action on this board.  Most of the ladies will be glad to offer tips and I ideas.  You have chosen a great place to have your wedding.  It is excellent.  I have friend that does photography. If you interested send me a PM and I will give you her info.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I'm getting married in Greenville, so I'm not too far. I know our photographer is willing to "travel", so you may want to look into him - Blue Mountain Photoworks. And you might try Life of the Party DJ if you're thinking about having a DJ. They're highly recommended in the Upstate. I don't really know any vendors based out of Spartanburg, but some of the other girls here may. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you VERY much for the DJ tip we have been looking at DJ's but didn't know where to start so it is much appreciated, any other tips you or any one else has would be a great help.

Laughing
  • Options
    jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually have a friend who booked your venue for her wedding! She just gave me some florists to look into. She said they're using Linda Terry at Designer Concepts (www.designer-concepts.com). She's based out of the Gassaway Mansion in Greenville, but does flowers for weddings everywhere. And she also suggested Floral Designs (http://www.floral-designs-ltd.com/) and Twigs (www.twigs.net). I've contacted both Linda and Twigs, and they're both willing to do a consultation via phone and email (I'm living in Missouri but getting married in Greenville) so that may be a big plus for you. :-) We're not doing busses or vans or anything like that, so I'm useless there. I know a lot of people (myself included) go to Men's Wearhouse to rent the tuxes. And we're using Art Eats Bakery for our cake just b/c we had a 20% off coupon.  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! I know this board isn't that active, but you'll typically eventually get a response!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Photography:
    Jana Candler
    Sposa Bella

Cake:
    Kathy and Company
    Buttercreme Bakehouse
    Paddy Cakes

DJ:
    Life of the Party