Texas-Austin

Vendor Reviews 3.17.2012

Hey Everyone! We were married on good ol' St. Patrick's Day and had a BLAST!!!!! We had an awesome experience and definitely some memories to share (amazing ones, interesting ones, and good "learn from me" ones). I don't post on the boards, but always read your advice and wanted to share our day with you. I apologize for the length (especially the last one), but hope you find my reviews helpful, and maybe a little funny!

Florist: Bouquets of Austin, A++++++++
The team at Bouquets of Austin takes WONDERFUL care of you. They take your vision, budget, and venue and just bring it all to life perfectly. They are quick to respond, honest with their thoughts, deliver and set up on time, and just give you everything you expect and SO much more. 

Photographer: Stacy Cross, A++++++++
I cannot say enough about Stacy and her husband, Stan. She shot our engagements and they both shot the wedding. From beginning to end, she was there as our friend and even our coordinator when mine went MIA. I am someone who has been dreaming of my wedding and the photos that I would display in my home (I come from a family of photographers, too), and she caught every moment exactly how I had imagined. They are extremely talented photographers and genuine people who care about you, your families, and your event!

DJ: Robert Lindsey with Lindsey Music, A++++++++
Robert had been the DJ at a couple of weddings I had been to before, so I knew he was awesome, but his prices are even better! He's actually out of San Antonio, so he doesn't do quite as many events in the Austin area. BUT... he is fantastic!!! He, too stepped in when my coordinator went MIA and helped out tremendously. He's very laid back, plays the music you want, and has a great voice! So many DJ's can be ignored, but he grabbed my guests attention and kept them dancing all night long. He's just awesome!

Cupcakes: Sugar Mama's Bakeshop, A++++++++
Ooooooh my heaven. I've had their cupcakes so many times before, so there was NO doubt that they would be providing the cupcakes for the big day. My guests were in awe at how delicious they were. And Olivia will take GREAT care of you! She and her staff are so sweet and make the best cupcakes ever :)

Ice Cream: Amy's Ice Creams, A++++++++
Well there's not much to say here... it's Amy's! How can you go wrong?!? They, too take great care of you and have lots of different packages to choose from that includes an assortment of flavors and toppings. Again, my guests were very happy :)

Hair: Shannon Briggs-Hack at Janet St. Paul Studio for Hair, A++++++++
Shannon is my regular stylist and she does such a wonderful job that I felt completely comfortable having her do my hair on the wedding day. She can do anything, but makes it look so natural, not too hairsprayed, etc. We did my trial for my bridals and I was SO happy! The wedding day she managed to make my hair look even more perfect! She also did my sister's hair and it looked PERFECT! Then, my mom has really short hair but it just wasn't working with her that day, so she stepped in to help out and made my mom look so incredibly happy. That really meant the world to me!

Makeup: Nisa Nicole, A++++++++
Nisa is extremely talented and has a beautiful vision for what will make you look your best. At my bridals and at the wedding, I felt absolutely perfect and like a better version of myself. She is fabulous! She also did my mom and sister's makeup and they felt just as beautiful. I can't say how happy that made me, to know how good they felt too. You are in good hands with Nisa!

The Dress: Signature Bridal Salon, A++++++++
AMAZING service!!!!! From day 1 they treated me like I was their one and only bride. It was such a pleasant experience from finding my dress, to having it preserved. Day 1: they respected my thoughts and didn't push me to try on more dresses (I only tried on 5). After ordering my dress and accessories, I received a hand written thank you not. I later got a call that the accessories were in, but that my consultant lived close to me, so she would just meet me somewhere close by and hand deliver. Alterations went smoothly and the dress fit perfectly. Then after the wedding we dropped it off to be preserved and they said it could take about 4-6 weeks, which was fine, but I got a call 2 weeks later that it was already in! Every time I walked in the door they remembered who I was and were always so friendly, even when it was a crazy Saturday and they had 20 brides running around the salon. Highly recommend them!

His Suit: Nordstrom, A++++++++
We had my husband's and his dad's suits custom made at Nordstrom. We only had 1 attendant each (his dad and my sister), so it made the wedding party attire findng a little different. We wanted them to feel good in what they were wearing and find a great suit that they can wear for years to come. The service we received was impeccable and they were quick with each adjustment we made. I can't remember the name of the lady that helped him most (horrible, I know!), but she was just awesome. She helped find the perfect shade of gray!!

Re: Vendor Reviews 3.17.2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards