Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Marriage License - What Do I Need?

So, with the possibility of a government shutdown on July 1st, FI and I want to go get our marriage license before the end of the month. My question for you ladies is what all do we need for identification?

Thank you!

Re: Marriage License - What Do I Need?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We both just showed our drivers license and that's it! We were in and out pretty fast!

• Options
    nordkenordke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh!!! Didn't even think of that...guess we'll need to get that done before July 1 too! Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @nordke - I'm not 100% sure that it will happen, but I'm not going to take any chances!

@jstrangis - thanks so much! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your DL and if you have the certified letter from your pastor/priest that shows you get the discount for premartial classes. Plus your checkbook, or cash. :)

This reminds me I need to do my passport still.
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, remember to bring check or cash. They wouldn't take either of our credit cards and FI had to make a quick withdrawl from their ATM and pay a fee. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My FMIL works for the state and I asked her about the state shutdown and she said the part you get your marriage license is not a county ran department and there is no worries of that being shutdown. Just an FYI.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you riverethan!!! :) That makes me feel much better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards