Georgia-Atlanta

ATL Restaurants for Reception (Maybe Ceremony, Too?)

Hello again, ladies...

My mind is going in a thousand different directions and in my previous post, I started asking about venues.  I started thinking about inviting more people, thus, increasing our budget, which just make the stress pile on.

Originally, my fiance and I thought to have a small wedding ceremony (somewhere - don't know where) followed by a nice, formal dinner with only our closest friends and family (and spouses).  He and I are more on the quiet, private side and throwing a huge bash isn't very "us". 

I've been reading older posts on this board about restaurants with patios and have hosted weddigns in the past.  Unfortunately, those posts are a couple years old and the restaurants (like Anthony's and Feast) have since closed. 

Would anyone know of a restaurant that would host a small, private dining group of about 20-25?  Whether or not they have a space for a ceremony doesn't matter - it would be great, but we can find another place for  a ceremony if need be.

I have already contacted Canoe and Ray's on the River; both restaurants would rather us have our wedding reception on a weekday and prefer larger groups on the weekends, it sounds. Due to taking our guests' work schedules into consideration, we are not willing to hold our wedding on a weekday.

Can anyone help? :)

Re: ATL Restaurants for Reception (Maybe Ceremony, Too?)

• I have just started on the wedding planning process, but I stumbled upon Wahoo Grill in Decatur the other day. I a planning on checking it out. They have a beautiful patio area for a small group. If you check them out, let me know what you think, b/c it is definitely on my list of potentials!
  • Check out Sun in My Belly. They have a great, eclectic space.
  • LadyAllenATLLadyAllenATL member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_atl-restaurants-for-reception-maybe-ceremony-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:7b8bfc70-17ac-4ee6-9bfa-8dcaaa7b6dacPost:439fa0d6-98eb-49d9-ab4f-09a053534e2e">Re: ATL Restaurants for Reception (Maybe Ceremony, Too?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have just started on the wedding planning process, but I stumbled upon Wahoo Grill in Decatur the other day. I a planning on checking it out. They have a beautiful patio area for a small group. If you check them out, let me know what you think, b/c it is definitely on my list of potentials!
    Posted by ccogan[/QUOTE]

I came across Wahoo, too! I've emailed them for more information, as well as Maggiano's in Buckhead. Just waiting on replies.  From there, we'll decide if we want to go see them in person. I'll let you know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards