Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Kind of Wedding Related- Where to Get My Eyebrows Tamed?

So I typically wax my own eyebrows, but haven't since I'm getting married in less than two months and had a nightmare awhile ago that I accidentally waxed one of them off just in time to walk down the aisle. Needless to say, they are starting to look like furry little catepillars.

Any suggestions on where to go to get them done? I'm open to anywhere in the West Metro. I work in the Southwest metro and live in Elk River.

Re: Kind of Wedding Related- Where to Get My Eyebrows Tamed?

• Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Extrados pretty much specializes in eyebrow waxing, and they're pretty amazing. Expensive, but you'll be guaranteed the most awesome looking eyebrows you've ever had. There's one in Minneapolis, and one in Wayzata.

Otherwise, New Reflections is also pretty good. I've been to both the one in Ridgedale and in Plymouth... and prefer the Plymouth one just slightly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never even hear of Extrados! I may have to check them out, I would love to have the most amazing eyebrows :) TY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I go to Simonson's in Maple Grove but I know they have a location in Elk River.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    KOM11KOM11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Future Concepts Studio and Spa - Christy. 

I only trust mine to her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Extrados to get mine done before the wedding. I'd never gotten them done before because I have very "tame" eyebrows to begin with, so I can't really compare, but I think they turned out great. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into getting your eyebrows threaded? I did it before my wedding... and would highly recommend it.

I used to wax, but always got red and puffy for a day or two, then kinda shiny for a couple more days and it hurt like the dickens. And then I discovered threading, and it was only slightly painful, and barely pink for about an hour, and then i just got to enjoy cleaned up tidy looking brows.

They use long strings that look kind of like dental floss, and essentially just pluck the hair out. Sounds weird, but really, it was so quick and the pain factor and after effects have certainly made me a convert.

The only downside I found was it doesn't seem to last as long as waxing.

Blink Beauty (DT Minneapolis) or a weird place at the MOA are the only two places I know of, but I am sure there are other places offering this service. Good Luck!

My Married Lady Bio
    FOR SALE ITEMS Wedding Countdown Ticker

I got married on Friday the 13th!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards