August 2012 Weddings

Photo regrets! Should have had that darn list on me!! Hindsight is 20/20! :(

A close friend who owns her own photography company did our pictures and I am very satisfied with the amount of pics she took..BUT..Mom had a list of pics she wanted to have done and had them printed out and up in our room that we got ready in...The whole photo session was mayhem! We had an outdoor gazebo wedding at 7 and by picture time at 7:30, the sun kept moving and she would take a shot, then have to move us around and take more..We got into the reception late because of all the craziness!  Well, in our hurry to get out the door, Mom left the list upstairs which I said we really didn't need and now I could kick my arse for not taking the paper with us, stuffed down my bra or something! My Mom and daughter are super close and she specifically wanted one of them two together and then us 3, a few pics of me and my daughter and we have NONE! Mom is SUPER upset that there wasn't one taken of her and Cadance and we have a couple of Cadance with me and hubby but not one of just me and my daughter! My Mom said maybe we could do a redo at her house, she lives out in a wooded area, us get our dresses on and at LEAST have her and my daughter and some of me and my daughter...Cadance won't know when she is older WHEN the pics were done.

Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week

Re: Photo regrets! Should have had that darn list on me!! Hindsight is 20/20! :(

• I did the same thing! Left the list in my binder in the getting ready room. After the ceremony, my SD and ILs kept leaving. We had to send the best man after my FIL THREE times!! We're definitely scheduling a photo session to "finish" our album!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • i have a few photos that weren't done -- mostly location things (me in front of a pretty gazebo, bride and groom posed in the aisle at church, etc).  i'm trying to not think about it and just enjoy the awesome ones that i'm sure we'll get soon.

like PP said -- we can always schedule a photo session if need be.
  • Same here ... we didn't get one single picture of us with my hubby's daughter ... Or, believe it or not - with his parents in a formal manner!  Very disappointed (understatement of the year!), but the day was a whirlwind with people calling us here, there and everywhere.  In all the mayhem, we THOUGHT we had them taken, but didn't.  Sigh.  But the pictures taken are beautiful!
  • I missed getting our picture taken outside the church, but what can we do....  oh well.
  • Im scheduling a photo shoot just to get a few shots of me and my daughter, my daughter and my Mom and my Mom and I..I am still ticked off that THE most important shots were not taken that day
    Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • We didn't get any photos with my hubby's grandparents (which really bummed us out), but we ran out of time and when we were going to try do it at the reception the DJ called us out on the floor for the bouquet toss/garter toss/dollar dance combo and even though we literally ran out of the reception his grandma and great grandma had left (great grandma wasn't feeling very well).  We can't really do a redo, but we will see all the grandparents again this year so we hope to get pictures taken with them throughout the rest of the year!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards