Second Weddings

Having a Renewal of Vows

We are renewing our vows in Vegas and it's our 20th anniversary. Is anyone out there doing any vow renewals? It will be October 10, 2010.

Re: Having a Renewal of Vows

• edited December 2011
    wow congrats on 20th aniversery,  what are you thinking of doing?
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  What are the plans?
  • Lenore2010Lenore2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got married in Vegas and I want to have a vow renewal there for our 10th anniversary. At 10 years, I will be 54 and he will be 69 so I thought better do it then than try to wait for the 20 year mark :)

Eager to hear your plans!!
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_having-renewal-of-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:fb15ead6-5d9b-4487-a6ef-6e197ffcdabaPost:6ca81a9d-cb05-4032-afe7-2269d41b91d6">Re: Having a Renewal of Vows</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just got married in Vegas and I want to have a vow renewal there for our 10th anniversary. At 10 years, I will be 54 and he will be 69 so I thought better do it then than try to wait for the 20 year mark :) Eager to hear your plans!!
    Posted by Lenore2010[/QUOTE]

Yep at our age (53) "til death do us part" takes on a whole new meaning.
  • edited December 2011
    We're also planning to renew our vows, on June 18, 2011.  We're planning a traditional ceremony, since I never had the real wedding the first time around.   What are your plans so far?
  • lauren1113lauren1113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I got married in Vegas May 2006.  We only had 4 people with us, it was unplanned.  We are renewing our vows for our 5 year anniversary.  It is finally next year!!!!  I cannot wait.  Although I feel weird, we are having a "real" wedding.  We have booked the venue already and just the other day I bought my dress!!!
    My mom has talked about throwing me a shower, I think it would be weird.  My MIL threw us a small party when we got back from Vegas.  What do you think?
  • edited December 2011
    My husband and I are renewing our vows next month. July 17, 2010. 15 years. We are having a traditional ceremony since we just had a messed up civil ceremony the first time. The mayor said the words "blah blah blah." during the entire 2 minute ceremony so I felt jilted of even saying my vows to my husband. We are doing it big this time. though. Venue, reception, attendents, limo, dj, flowers and a honeymoon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards