Getting in Shape

Best arm toning moves?

Hi ladies,

I've been trying to tone up my arms and have been doing bicep curls, tricep dips and shoulder presses. 

Any recommendations for moves that tone up the triceps even more, and the "armpit" area that bulges in strapless dresses?

Re: Best arm toning moves?

• I go to the gym, and use the stepper to tone up legs and biceps as well as burn calories.
    At home though, I keep a pair of 2kg hand weights (bought them pretty cheap too). When I'm cooking, I'll put on some music and dance, holding the weights. I do moves like breast stroke (swimming) but using the weights to reinforce it.
    Aqua aerobics is also good.
  • Check out a kettlebell class if they have one. There are some great shoulder/back/arm exercises there!
    Two Drifters Off To See The World...
  • For triceps, the close-arm push-up is seriously a miracle worker. You do a regular push-up, but keep your elbows in close to your sides. It works your triceps more than your chest and your arms look tighter practically right away.

Also, yoga push-ups (chaturanga) are GREAT for your arms and shoulders: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wljya7wWews (Any yoga video by Esther is awesome, btw.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Push-ups for triceps and your chest muscles which help with that area around your armpit in strapless dresses. Like Ali092011 said- yoga and chaturanga are amazing!!.  I also go to a Ballet Boot Camp class and the instructor has us do wide arm push-ups and go as deep as we can.  It's really effective for your chest and triceps and always leaves me feeling sore!! keep up the great work lades!!
    image Le Creuset 5qt Oval French Oven in Caribbean Blue Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_best-arm-toning-moves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:dc2c8a92-e606-4790-bd3e-8324dd0035ffPost:bea148ea-673c-4de4-a156-ea79b78620c8">Re: Best arm toning moves?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out a kettlebell class if they have one. There are some great shoulder/back/arm exercises there!
    Posted by matcha[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  Or try Jillian's Shred it with Weights.  I've found that I've gotten the best results toning my arms when using kettlebells.  </div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Awesome, thank you so much! I'm so excited to try all of these :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards