Florida-Central Florida
Options

More questions on tipping....

Ok I don't have a whole lot of vendors, and with that some of them own their business. I know one "rule" is that if they own their business, you do not need to tip. However, I have one circumstance that is a bit confusing. My main photographer owns his business...However, the second photographer coming with him is his employee...so do I tip him but not the owner? Or if I tip one do I need to tip the other?

Re: More questions on tipping....

• Options
    sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The photographer I am looking at owns her own business but I am still tipping her. Just think  if you treat them well and tip them they are more likely willing to please you and maybe even get your photos done faster .:)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is a wedding photographer and has done over 100 weddings over the last 4 years.  I believe he has been tipped 3 times and he was surprised about being tipped.  I am from New Jersey and up there photographers usually get tipped, but he said down here it is definitely not the norm.  So, personally, I wouldn't worry about tipping the photographer.  Also, I often go as his assistant to these weddings and he has taught me a lot about photography, so often I do a lot of shots as an additional shooter, just to make sure we get lots of additional angles.  If someone tipped me or his other second shooter that goes and not him, we would think that was pretty odd.  =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards