June 2012 Weddings
Options

Shower!

My shower was yesterday and it was amazing and beautiful and I am so lucky to have such an awesome family, family to be, and friends! Everyone was so cute all dressed up and seemed so happy.  After I cried when I saw my MOH because I was so grateful and overwhelmed by everyone and their generousity (I hadn't even seen the gift pile yet), I went around and thanked everyone for being there and said hello/chatted.  After that everyone played a game "How well do you know the Bride" and everyone did terrible.  If I could have put 3 answers for each question it would have been perfect, but most people's answers had me go, "yeah and that too!" 

Then I opened all the gifts and thanked everyone while I opened it, my bridesmaids were awesome and had like a little system putting the cards with the gifts and in another room, and putting the paper in a garbage and writing everything down.  They were so helpful and loved doing it, even though I felt so awkward having them do everything! The favors were chocolates with a bookmark that said E and M in beautiful cursive and "Many Thanks" with butterflies.  One of my BMs made them herself! They were gorgeous.  So many beautiful touches and I'm so grateful about everything. 

This is me and my MOH!

Re: Shower!

• Options
    yay! so glad your shower went wonderful! Any gifts surprise you?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks to TK for eatting my post.

Here we go again...

I am so glad your shower was fun! It sounds like a wonderful day. Any gifts surprise you?
  • Options
    Aw, that dress is adorable and very springy. Again I'm glad you had a great day. :)
  • Options
    I love your dress!  Sounds like it was an awesome day :)
  • Options
    Sounds like a great day!
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options

Sounds like it was a great day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Very fun! I really like your dress, too!
    A+K
    "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
    --St. Catherine of Siena
  • Options
    Ash, there were a few things not on the registry that were all awesome! Some local handmade stuff, and one BM got me a bunch of bathroom stuff and her mom put it in a basket with ribbons and everything! I thought she bought it like that, it was amazing!

I got 4? Or more everyday dish sets and SEVEN of the formal sets.  I couldn't even believe it.  Then my Mom said that her friend got us 4, 3 as a wedding gift and one she gave us yesterday, and our family friends got us 4 also as a wedding gift! So apparently I already "have" 14! Everyone kept commenting on how beautiful they were, and how Holidays will be at our house from now on LOL fine by me! 
  • Options

So glad it was such a great day!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_shower-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:19186ed4-eba1-4846-b928-41a0643b4cdePost:c38e4f69-3225-4183-bedf-39678c163d40">Re: Shower!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ash, there were a few things not on the registry that were all awesome! <strong>Some local handmade stuff, and one BM got me a bunch of bathroom stuff and her mom put it in a basket with ribbons and everything! I thought she bought it like that, it was amazing! </strong>I got 4? Or more everyday dish sets and SEVEN of the formal sets.  I couldn't even believe it.  Then my Mom said that her friend got us 4, 3 as a wedding gift and one she gave us yesterday, and our family friends got us 4 also as a wedding gift! So apparently I already "have" 14! Everyone kept commenting on how beautiful they were, and how Holidays will be at our house from now on LOL fine by me! 
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]
    gifts like these are always special! 
  • Options
    So glad you had a great shower!  I love your dress!
  • Options
    Ash, I agree! Thanks everyone!

Hilarey, thanks, it's from Macy's!
  • Options
    So glad you had a nice day!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm glad you really enjoyed it!  It sounds like a great shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards