California-Northern
Options

Getting married in Monterey - any suggestions for venue, local vendors etc?

Hello everyone.  I live in So Cal, but we are planning on getting married in Monterey in June 2012.  I have PLENTY of time to make plans, but have already started gathering ideas.  Is anyone else getting married in Monterey that can give me any suggestions and/or recommendations for venue and/or local vendors that were reasonable.  I haven't determined my exact budget yet, but I know I want to keep things reasonable.  I'm looking at around 50 guests.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Getting married in Monterey - any suggestions for venue, local vendors etc?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding in Pacific Grove in July 2011.  When we were looking in the area (including Monterey), we really liked the Monterey Museum of Art La Mirada.  Beautiful Old California pueblo with a nice rose garden - lots of opportunities for great photos, and the place has character and history.  Also a great value (if you get their basic package you can include access to the galleries for only $2 more per person!). Ultimately we decided not to go with them because we are planning our wedding from the East Coast where we live, and that location is very a la carte in terms of bringing in your own food, flower, music, etc which is just too much work for us.  If you are looking for something more formal, the Monterey Plaza Hotel was also nice and classy.  Ultimately we chose Gatherings in Pacific Grove.  It is a lovely victorian home that was the perfect size and environment for our small wedding of 45-50.
  • Options
    EastBayChickEastBayChick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gatherings is a very sweet location for a small group. So is The Martine Inn and there is a big list of venues on the Grapes of Wrath site. You can also check out some restaurants like Massaro and Santos on the Coastguard pier,, Christopher's on Lincoln. More traditional venues like Monterey Beach Resort, Asillomar, The Culinary Center on Cannery Row, The Highlands Inn, Il Fornaio in Carmel, La Playa has a small room too.You can even go the vacation rental house route. Do the ceremony at a beach and then move the party to the vacaton rental. It kind of depends on your vision. There are lots of options.
  • Options
    lovepink679lovepink679 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married August 2011 in Pebble Beach. Here are some other Venues.

Venues:
    Monterey Aquarium
    Holman Ranch
    Hyatt Highlands Inn
    Monterey Hyatt Regency
    Hilton Garden Inn, Monterey
    Monterey Plaza Hotel
    Monterey Marriot
    Best Western Beach Resort in Seaside (right on the beach)

For my cake I am using http://luzthecakelady.weebly.com

I was going to do my centerpieces and all flowers by myself but I found a florist with great prices, so I am going to use her.
    Giulia Montante (831) 233-4599

There is a bridal show coming up in September. It would be a lot of help to you if you could attend that.

Hope this helps!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank  you all.  My FI and I are planning to take a trip up there in spring to check out some venues. 

Lovepink, thank you for the additional info on a bakery and florists. 

If you girls can think of any other vendors you've used and liked or hated, please feel free to pass it along!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I am not sure if you still need help, let me know if you do. I have worked with so many good and not so good vendors and venues that I can always help you.
    Luz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards