Vineyard Weddings

wedding at a winery?? new! help!

anyone done one, been to one, doing one?  what do you think?  i'm looking at one in the poconos right now.. cherry valley vineyards... it's a small winery, we'd have the ceremony right there outside and then there is a big pavillion for the reception part... i visited and thought the wine was great too :)  Also, it'd be a sunday afternoon.  Buffett dinner and wine/beer only. 50-75 guests max.  Is this more of a low key, mingling, and hanging out party?  Does that sound fun?  Would people still be dancing and such at something like this?  The scenery is really pretty too because it's nestled in the mountains.  Never been to a wedding at a winery but I'm intrigued (I like wine, I like low key lol) but want to make sure it sounds fun to others.  I'm still debating dj/band/laptop issue for this type of reception too - what do you think?  Obviously I want some music, but I don't know how "party-ish" it will be.  Thoughts??

Btw, I was told this board is slow but I am loving all the ideas I'm reading!!!

Re: wedding at a winery?? new! help!

• Hi.  I responded to your post on reception ideas, but wanted to paste it here, as well, to make sure you saw it: 

My wedding is at a winery.  There are some pics and a description in my planning bio, but I really don't think the venue sets your tone as low key or high maintenance.  I mean, if you were considering having it at a Chili's, that would say something about the tone, but the difference between a restaurant, catering hall, or country club vs a winery isn't very pronounced.  If you want low key and chill, that will be in the details, not the venue.

ETA- OP, I just saw that you're in Philly.  My venue is local to you (halfway between Philly and AC).  I'm obviously still in my planning stages, but so far I've had a great experience with them and would recommend them as worth a visit. 
  • Hi!
    I think your wedding sounds great.  Beautiful location and what you want.  At the end of the day, the wedding is about you and your fiance and what fits you two.  And I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't have fun at a beautiful winery. 

Also your wedding sounds similar to mine.  Mine is going to be at a winery in central PA, ceremony in gardens and then reception in pavilion that they have.  All of my guests are excited about the location and are looking forward to it.
    Don't stress to much about it.Smile  People are there to celebrate your marriage and I am sure will have a great time.  When I start worrying about what others may think I always remember what Dr. Suess said:
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards