June 2013 Weddings
Options

overlays

Hi

I need help Im obsessing and need opinions. I want to get overlays for my tables. Im doing a fairly simple centerpiece and wanted the overlays to give it a pop of color. I was looking at getting them at smartyhadaparty.com.( wedding linens direct had some bad reviews which made me nervous.) and they dont have the color I want in organza. Would satin table overlays look bad with chiffon bridesmaid dresses and an organza wedding dress?

Re: overlays

• Options
    I think your reading too much into it. No one is going to notice the table overlay material and compare it to the material or your dress or your BM's dresses. Most people won't even know what organza is. Just get what you like. People are just going to slop food and wine on them, no sense is worrying whether or not they correspond with the material of your dress. I got silk table runners off the classifieds board and I didn't care what anyone's wearing when I bought them. I just saw I was getting a good deal. I've never compared a BM's dress to a table linen at a wedding before, so I doubt anyone else will either. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_overlays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:76766167-5029-49ee-8f6d-4a5f374952a3Post:f37c227e-2a65-40de-a512-de13f4a14a88">Re: overlays</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think your reading too much into it. No one is going to notice the table overlay material and compare it to the material or your dress or your BM's dresses. Most people won't even know what organza is. Just get what you like. People are just going to slop food and wine on them, no sense is worrying whether or not they correspond with the material of your dress. I got silk table runners off the classifieds board and I didn't care what anyone's wearing when I bought them. I just saw I was getting a good deal. I've never compared a BM's dress to a table linen at a wedding before, so I doubt anyone else will either. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed.</div>
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thank you... i  kinda already knew that but sometimes you have to have someonelse tell your that!! So glad I have the knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards