Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

How Much Alcohol?

So we're getting closer to the wedding and I'm wondering how much alcohol we should get. We're going with boxed wine and cases of beer.

Do you guys think 14 cases of beer and 36L of wine (equivalent of 48 bottles or 4 cases) will be enough for 120 adult guests? We'll also have soda, water, and iced tea in addition to the alcohol. 
Married since May 12, 2012

Re: How Much Alcohol?

• Options
    This site,  http://www.winelog.net/googlegadget/DrinkCalculator, has a calculator, though to me, the amounts seem high (but I'm not much of a drinker). 
  • Options
    Is it a typical case of 24 bottles?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yea, 24 bottles. Probably yuengling and magic hat
    Married since May 12, 2012
  • Options

I think the drink calculator has no clue what it is dealing with when it comes to men at weddings to be honest.  Most men are going to drink more than 4 beers in a typical 4 hour length cocktail/reception.  Most when will do at least 2 bottles of beer per hour, but thats just a typical bar when they are paying for it, if the bill is on you, they will drink plenty.  I think we've all heard it before, " I go to weddings for the open bar."
    You also have to take your guests into account, what type of crowd are they.  If you are inviting a lot of younger people, then yes you need more drinks.  If the majority are older guests, you could be fine with that number you have.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards