June 2012 Weddings
Options

Ugh. People.

So I posted on the WP board a little while about FSIL. Here's the link to it:

Well, I've stuck to my guns and I haven't asked her to be in the WP. Since then, she's asked FI why she isn't a bridesmaid, and FI gave her the same story. Well, fast forward to this morning. Her son is our ringbearer. She sent FI an e-mail saying that she wasn't sure if she wanted him to be a ringbearer anymore because she's worried he'll get nervous and won't walk down the aisle.

FI thinks that the real reason is a combination of her not being in the WP and the fact that it isn't a religious ceremony (she converted to what I believe is Catholicism, had a kid, is a single mom now and she does NOT take care of him at all. He just started school but before then she'd dump him off at her parents' 6 days a week so that they can tire him out. She also donates tons of money to churches when she should be taking care of her son).

I am just annoyed at FI's aunt for bringing it up (she's his dad's sister and was a BM in his parents' wedding) because if she hadn't FSIL would not have even thought of asking. I understand that she has full rights to refuse for him to be a ringbearer, but she was delighted when we asked if he could be and now she's having "second thoughts". We don't need one, but I thought it'd be cute (we don't have a flower girl).

I'm also annoyed at a groupmate in one of my classes who does not come to class, has not done anything for our project that's due next week and who is constantly trying to get my lab data to copy it. It's gotten to the point where I've e-mailed my professor about her.

Next week is the last week of classes. Then I have finals and then I'll be done with school forever! I'm sure a lot of stress will go away then. 
Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Ugh. People.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_ugh-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:e1f99cbd-8924-4365-9f07-c51360128349Post:32cb3801-b852-4923-91f0-a1a06d065c3d">Re: Ugh. People.</a>:
    [QUOTE]. Soo....since I don't post on that board, I'm venting about one of those posts here: In Response to  Re: Interesting story with FSIL : I don't understand why she'd let her future nephew come to the ceremony and be a ringbearer if he wasn't going to let him go to the reception. It kind of goes against the rule that you can't invite someone to just the ceremony (no matter the age). If she doesn't want children at the wedding, she shouldn't have asked him to be a ring bearer.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>The only children at the reception were the two flower girls, the ring bearer and two other children from our wedding party members.  I paid for a babysitter to watch them at the reception a little ways away from the adults so they could play and have fun.  Bottom line is it was a formal wedding at night by a pond.  Would you want to be held liable for a child drowning at your wedding because you wanted to accomodate everyone?  Guests were drinking and not paying attention to little tykes running around.  I would also like to add the FSIL knew her children were invited and would be taken care of yet she still had an opinion about everyone else's children coming - if they all would have came we would have had 65 children at the wedding....I'm not throwing a carnival for the wedding.  If you want to vent go right ahead but this worked for my family and we had a wonderful time. Once the FILs saw how everything was set up and stopped complaining they complimented me on everything I did.
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards